Classifieds Super License Mesamaui's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Default Need someone for Bead/FIA Seat in OC CA

Looking for someone in the LA/OC area who can build me a seat insert for my Lola preferably incl the nomex/ carbon cover

im in Costa Mesa ca92627

Maui

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

What is the Lola.
    V/r

Iverson

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Quote Originally Posted by Mesamaui View Post
    Looking for someone in the LA/OC area who can build me a seat insert for my Lola preferably incl the nomex/ carbon cover

im in Costa Mesa ca92627

Maui

Guys in your area: Graham Collins, Jack Crone, Dave Freitas, and Bob Morris. A bit farther South in San Diego Roland Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    What is the Lola.

its a 492

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    Guys in your area: Graham Collins, Jack Crone, Dave Freitas, and Bob Morris. A bit farther South in San Diego Roland Johnson.

Thank you Rick for the recommendations I will check

Liked: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    and Monise to throw another name out there.

ive been doing my seats with foam and fiberglass and upholstery really happy with the results. FWIW

Attached Images Attached Images
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

How the heck did you do that? Simply magnificent, Man.

Quote Originally Posted by fitfan View Post
    and Monise to throw another name out there.

ive been doing my seats with foam and fiberglass and upholstery really happy with the results. FWIW

V/r

Iverson

Liked: 9

Default Seat

I did my own if ur a good mechanic it’s easy place ur cardboard in car take ur time getting right amount of beads. Then get a helper when u mix in epoxy sit in with vacuum hooked up done in an hour I covered mine with Kevlar on back hard shell it’s like new 7 years later it’s a one piece seat just rotate in direction to install I made sue cardboard went narrow at bottom to wide up top so it was one piece

Liked: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    How the heck did you do that? Simply magnificent, Man.
    Thanks - it's nothing but endless amounts of time

i pour the "basic" seat in the car, then pull it out and and cut it down to get it to go in and out of the car.... then shave down or build up more foam where / as needed. i've found that takes about dozen back and forths to get the fit just right, belts to clear, clear arm movement, fuel cell filler, etc... for example i had to do the swift in 2 parts, there is no way to get a single piece in and out of the car...

foam is easy to add/build up in areas once you got 80% of it formed. once i get the foam how i want, i then skin it in fiberglass. then cover it in upholstery. no rocket science or anything, just takes a lot of hours to get it right. i like the foam because i can work it, i've never been able to pull a mold right out of the car that fits just right, just the nature of things that expand and harden vs how your body sits in the squishy to hard set up. knock on wood i haven't had to test it in massive shunt, but a skin of fiber glass adds a lot of stability to the foam that i feel would otherwise collapse too easy (and fall apart over time).

takes me about a couple of 2-4 hours a night... darn FF have no room to make it quick and easy. over a tube here but under a tube there...
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

Thread Information