Liked: 23

Default 1985 - USCan decal

Hi all,

As some of you know I am restoring the Jeff Andretti Super Vee from 1985 and am starting to prepare artwork to reproduce the Electrolux / USCan livery it had on it way back then.

I am now getting close to finishing off the repair and re painting of the body work so now need to get hold of a decent image of the USCan decal.

Being from outside of the US, can someone enlighten me to what is / was USCan (as a company) and does anyone have or, can they point me in the right direction for a good photo of the logo at least.

The only image I have (attached) is quite unclear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers
    Ricky
    Ralt RT5 (535)
    Lola T492 (HU17)

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 27

Default Long beach super Vee

Your Ralt chassis features in a light crash during the opening laps at Long Beach.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdEdhGE799o

Liked: 39

https://www.racinghalloffamecollecti...-indycar-suit/

Here's a better view of what the logo should look like.

Liked: 39

https://twitter.com/IndyMHull/status...312515/photo/1

Not a complete image, but might help you out.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    Your Ralt chassis features in a light crash during the opening laps at Long Beach.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdEdhGE799o
    Thanks for the link

Yeah there are a number of videos put up by Hagen Daze which feature Super Vees.

It is a bit surreal to see both my cars running in the same events together back in the day.
    Cheers
    Ricky
    Ralt RT5 (535)
    Lola T492 (HU17)

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    https://www.racinghalloffamecollecti...-indycar-suit/

Here's a better view of what the logo should look like.

Thank you. I had found the photo of the car with a partial logo, but Mario's suit is excellent.

I had a go at making one from the images I already had and got pretty close but what you found is perfect.

Thanks again
    Cheers
    Ricky
    Ralt RT5 (535)
    Lola T492 (HU17)

Liked: 1108

I have no idea of your graphic experience, so please don’t misinterpret if I state the obvious.

You’ll need to produce line art of the logos and other graphics. In a past life, I was a sign painter (along with other co-existing art professions) and did over 500 race cars from 1977 to 1990 (including some work for Jeff Andretti’s Swift FF in 1984, and cousin John’s RT5 the year before). Towards the end, I’ve also produced much line art for vinyl output, whether cut on plotters or output in sheets with other art, and my work won Best Appearing Team in IMSA in 1993. I’ve been mostly a wilderness photographer since.

Sorry for TMI but it’s difficult to relate sources of qualifications we read online sans some introduction.

This topic is so close to my heart on vintage cars that I’ve considered a rebirth. I’ve tired of cringing at poor graphics on great vintage cars costing hundreds of thousands to restore, only to get the comparatively-tiny costs of original matching graphics wholly wrong. I sort of don’t get that or maybe there’s so few caring about it — both the owners and the mostly-unqualified sign shops these days whom neither know nor care about race cars.

I sent another photographer a letter on your behalf today, to see if he might have anything of good reference for you.

I need to say I’m soon to finally launch my website after years of prep (scanned photos), so am not looking for work here. But if you need any help, I’d be happy to if it helps Jeff’s old car.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 530

Ian Lenhart - forum member and runs Level11Creative is my go to guy for vinyl, as his attention to detail is great!

There are a few others on this forum who also have vinyl skills.

As Eric noted above, not every vinyl sign shop can produce great results.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Trickycoupe, I just got word that Yes, my contact has several photos of your car from both Milwaukee and Road America in 1985.

I’ll follow this with a PM.

Happy Restoration.

Edit: Your PMs are not working or haven’t been set up

Thread Information