Liked: 24

Default Time to go racing at PIRC with RCFFS - June 19-21, 2020

Hello, fellow RCFFS drivers:

We hope all is well with you and yours during this COVID-19 pandemic. Things are definitely different today than when we last got together to race at the 50th Formula F celebration in Road Atlanta in November 2019. The good news is the state of Pennsylvania is gradually reopening which means we can plan on going racing again in less than a month at PIRC! Registration for the event is open so click here to register now. If you've already registered, thank you! If not, you can do it now.

This will be our first event of many under the FRP umbrella which is focusing on formula car racing with SCCA sanctioning. The weekend starts on Friday, June 19, with testing and practicing. It's been a few months, so we trust all remember how to turn left and right quickly. Racing starts Saturday, June 20, in the afternoon and concludes on Sunday, June 21. Schedule details can be found on our website.

Right Coast FF Series (RCFFS) is an inclusive race series for FF, CFF, and HFF that is run by drivers for drivers. Without you, RCFFS would cease to exist. So, tell all your fellow formula race friends about it so we can have large racing fields. As we have in the past, we are racing for fun, limited time bragging rights, Kill Stickers for top 3 finishers, and awesome Horses Asses trophies in the feature race. No prize money is on the line so remember to drive a good hard, clean race. Besides, cars are expensive to fix. Posters will also be available at a later date. Due to COVID-19, there will no evening socials per the guidelines. Speaking of guidelines, please read the attached COVID-19 guidelines (FRP COVID-19 Participant at track policies DRAFT_2.pdf). They are also on the website. They have to be followed in order for the race weekend to happen.

As Bob Wright stated “We will be operating under a set of (rational) Covid guidelines (actually rules), a draft which is attached here for your review. In your own tent space, while we ask you to be sensible, you are free to set your own guidelines. HOWEVER; once you leave your own space, you must follow our rules with no exceptions. These are mandated by SCCA Pro Racing and are consistent throughout all SCCA events. These rules will be in place to keep you safe, but more importantly to keep others safe. AND REMEMBER— everyone has their own frame of reference concerning this virus and its implications, and some of our participants will be coming from harder hit areas than others and may have a different perspective about what is considered safe. So again, there will be no exceptions as we do not want to cut short anyone’s weekend.”

Most importantly, it's time to go racing again! Register NOW!

Stay healthy and be safe,
    Angela Slocum and David Gernert
    RCFFS Liaisons

The 2020 schedule for RCFFS is listed below. (As of May 18, 2020)
    Pittsburgh International Raceway - June 19-21
    Run Groups: Atlantic/Prototypes/F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/Challenge Cup
    Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - July 3-5
    Run Groups: F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/Challenge Cup
    Summit Point Motorsports Park - August 21-23
    Run Groups: F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/Challenge Cup
    Pittsburgh International Raceway - October 16-18
    Run Groups: Atlantic/F1000/F2000/F1600/RCFFS/Challenge Cup
    Road Atlanta – November 6-8
    Tentative - For RCFFS as part of the American Road Race of Champions — ARRC
    Run Group: RCFFS (Registration through SCCA)
    - Angela, FF#7

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 313

We have 7 RCFFS entries as of 10am Wed 27th.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 313

Default Pitt Info

I just called Pitt Race and as of now they are not allowing camping, including according to the young lady I spoke to staying in the living quarters in your trailer. I understand why, just thought being in my trailer was actually less exposure for me and mine than going to a motel with unknown cleaning quality.

On the up side, they don’t have any trailer/gate fees like someone said Sebring had.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

I have on good authority (the track) that we should have camping by June 19th. As you all are all aware, it’s a fluid situation, but I feel confident we’ll be ok.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Thread Information