Thread: Guys, help!

Liked: 127

Default Guys, help!

Before I ever started my first Skippy class to fulfill my childhood dreams of racing, this man Bruce (I can't remember his last name) had sent me an email on this site asking me if, I wanted to not only see his FE, but drive on the NHMS course myself! Anyway, I had drove my parents Mazda RX-8 up there to drive around, so those were my first laps ever racing on an actual race track, even if I was slow as s#@t.

Sadly, you all know that I'm unable to actually ever race again with the SCCA, or in general really, but I still have a BIG desire to turn some laps again. I had bought my mother another 08 RX-8 to place that one that that regretted selling, but considering that they had sold that car 10 years earlier than I newer one that I bought them a few years ago, there was one major thing that I had never even considered, that their both 10 years older in age! While both of my parents were truly touched that I had bought them another RX-8, which they did end up driving for about 3 years before realizing that they needed something more practical, so I decided to buy that RX-8 back from my mother this year for track purposes!

Again, anyway, I had since dumped a few thousand into my RX-8 with some engine mods, suspension upgrades, brake rotor upgrades and some nice racing wheels that should be delivered by this following weekend, now my car is ready for the track! No, I don't plan on trying to always run faster than the last lap that I ran, but I do want to turn some faster than normal laps with my girlfriend in the passenger seat! Hell, I'll even let my girlfriend turn a few laps herself!

Damn, this short message is starting to get longer than any book reports that I ever wrote while I was in high shool! haha Anyway x3, I wanted to know if NHMS still runs those open track events? I had never turned a racing lap in my life, so I wasn't holding any kind of racing license or in any kind of car clubs, but I was allowed to run on their road course? I also wanted to know if Bruce was holding some sort of event that day, or if he might have talked to somebody? I also was the passenger in some guys Mazda RX7 who really know how to drive the wheels off that thing, so much so that every time I got in for another ride I made my hand cross to God himself that we'd be be walking at the end of that session!

Or am I completely wrong about NHMS letting a novice driver out on the road course, that I must have my dates confused? My brain was a little scrambled after my crash at LRP in my FF, but I hope not? Anybody? Bruce (whoever the F you are)? Anybody?

Former #31 FF,
    Brian

Liked: 530

Check Motorsportreg for open track HPDE

Mikey, thank you! I did do some research online looking up that event, and I tend to believe that is what I was looking for! At first, as I was reading it taking about 20 minute on track sessions I started to think that wasn't it, but then it finally dawned on me that I had driven for multiple sessions, not just on track the entire time!

Anyway, (I need to learn a new word to start a paragraph) Does anybody know "Bruce" being he used to drive an, FE? Does he still race at all? I hope that I didn't offend with that, "whatever his F-ing last name is" comment? It may be poor humor that I used, but I definitely didn't mean to upset or offend him or anybody else by it!

Thanks again,
    Brian, #31 FF

Liked: 11

Bruce Allen is the guy you are talking about. Haven’t seen him in many years, but I don’t go that far north and he hasn’t run with SCCA in a long time that I know of. I think the club you are looking for is SCDA.
    Good luck!

Justin

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 10

Default Bruce F/SCCA

Try "Corvettes of Mass"... I ran with Bruce a lot in FE. Last I knew, he lives in Portsmouth NH. Ray

Yes, Bruce Allen was his name! I am interested in joining some sort of car club to run my Mazda RX-8, but I don't think Corvettes with take me driving a, Mazda? I have done my best in making my RX-8 as track worthy as possible, while doing my best to make in look like a non-import street drag car! Yes, I did do a header and complete exhaust which makes it VERY loud to drive on the street, but I wanted to put a few bolt on products to help with my overall HP gains! I mainly stuck to doing a complete strut and spring one piece lowering, as well as aftermarket brake rotors and pads on all four corners. Now my RX-8 drive like a street legal track car, extra loud and bumpy (stiff) to take corners with no body roll!

Guys, thanks for your help, and if you can think of a good group to join so I can run some semi-fast laps around, esp Lime Rock, than it would/will be much appreciated!

Brian

Liked: 530

I own three Corvettes. My experience is Corvette clubs welcome everyone except drifters.
    Porsche clubs on the other hand tend to be exclusively Porsche events.

I'm 100% percent against drifting, as driving that way goes against everything that I ever learned about racing in general! I'm not into that import car club BS anymore, as that stupid $hit tends too get old as you get older, and I'm dead set against street racing! If you want to drag your car than go to a drag strip, never endanger the public's lives including your own!

Sadly, I can never race again! However, that can't/won't stop me from just driving some fast laps around the track. Sure, there is always danger when driving fast around others or just hitting the wall in general, but any crash that I may find myself involved with wouldn't be anything as extreme as at my old racing speeds, I think'hope? I plan on tacking my girlfriend to the track with me every time that I end up going, and to even let her turn a few laps herself on an actual race track! I do not hold any kind of racing license anymore, nor has my girlfriend ever held one at all, so will that stop either of us from running? I of course would take to any new possible track first myself to learn the line, or just brush up on an old track that I used to race at. I will be wearing my old racing helmet, and I will buy my girlfriend one of her own before ever going!

Thoughts?,
    Brian

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information