Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #6 - 5/5/2020 USF2000 2017 @ VIR

Next week's ApexSpeed.com Corona Cup Event will be held at VIR! Come on out and race with us!

Some things to remember:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.

It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below. https://discordapp.com/

Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside. Instructions for doing this are here: https://appuals.com/enable-configure-push-talk-discord/

Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Virginia International Raceway
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1382427943

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 442

How many times has the %?*ing balloons screwed up your laps? Was 3 tenths up going into the last right hander then the black death covered the whole apex couldn't see a thing FU to whomever put those in.

Liked: 36

The balloons are a nice touch but them completely blacking out a corner is really annoying. One of those mid race will get interesting real fast.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Liked: 138

Don't even notice them in VR

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Liked: 200

I'm glad I'm not the only one...
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

The balloons are obnoxious in any sim track. The black hole shadow casted is the same shadow opacity as the cars which makes no sense. They need to go!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Don't even notice them in VR
    The ruling body of the Corona cup has announced that VR has been recognized as an unfair advantage in the sim racing series. The penalty going forward for those competitors who abused the VR advantage in previous races will be forced to use 17"CRT monitors for the rest of the season!

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Looks like it will be a close one as 7 cars are within a second of each other looking at practice times.

Liked: 138

I did a few laps but haven't had much time. Tough track, hopefully get some time tonight to try some wing changes

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I vote for no more night races as last night was a bit interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I vote for no more night races as last night was a bit interesting to say the least.

No more hot air balloon shadows to speak of!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Thread Information