Liked: 0

Default Elden PH8 Formula Ford for sale--$20,500

ELDEN PH8 FORMULA FORD FOR SALE---$20,500

I'm selling my Elden PH8. The car is located in Longmont, Colorado.

Photos can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gjk3ixUm1JDS6iE3A

My father passed away and left me his Titan Mk6 and a sports racer. I built this car to be my own and therefore went the extra mile in many respects. Unfortunately, having three race cars is simply one car too many, so this one has to go. Iā€™m sure I have forgotten to include something. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Aside from stripping and refinishing the chassis, the car has more or less had a full restoration. My intention was to race it for a season or two to sort out any issues, then strip the car to repaint the chassis. I just never got to it; I was having too much fun driving the car! The suspension has been completely rebuilt using Aurora PTFE rod-ends. New 2ā€ Spax shocks were installed along with D Faulkner springs. Uprights were rebuilt with new bearings. A new wiring harness was made and all new Smiths gauges were installed. A new dash panel was made and installed. The engine has approximately 8 weekends on it since rebuild. The cylinder head was freshened two race weekends ago. The gearbox has about ten weekends. I had the gear cluster out before the cars last race weekend and the dogs are nice and sharp. I fabricated a new oil reservoir, as the original was in very poor condition. I also made up a new fuel cell can and had Fuel Safe make a new bladder in 2017. Master cylinders are new and calipers have been rebuilt with stainless pistons. The engine cover is included with the sale. It has been painted and mounts to existing dzus tabs at the roll bar, but has no mounting points at the rear of the car. The rear anti-roll-bar was damaged during a testing day incident years ago. It is included, but not mounted to the car due to damage. The original seat is included, but would require the battery to be relocated to be used. The following is a list of what I have restored/replaced/modified on the car. Restored means fully disassembled, cleaned, paint stripped via chemical stripping or bead blasting, priming/painting, or plating, reassembly with new consumable components (rod-ends, bearings, fittings, hardware, etc), finally adjustment and testing. The car is being sold with an RMVR logbook.

Replaced master cylinders
    Restored pedal cluster
    Added removable panel in front of master cylinders to check fluid without removing bodywork.
    Restored steering rack (including rebushing housing)
    Replace steering column (eliminating rag joint also)
    New steering wheel and quick release hub
    New dash panel
    New Smiths gauges
    New mil-spec toggle switches
    New wiring harness
    New battery and battery hold down
    Restore and optimize shift linkage(new apex joints installed, new shift lever/mechanism machined and installed)
    New fuel cell can fabricated and new fuel cell bladder made by Fuel Safe (2017)
    New oil reservoir with sight glass--no more tape measure level-check
    New, Ivey modified carburetor
    New 123Ignition distributor--can revert to Lucas unit if desired
    New coolant hardline and flex hoses
    New catch can mounting bracket and cans
    New motor mount and gearbox mounting bushings
    New Volvo/BMW type driveshaft flex discs
    New u-joints
    New LED rain light
    All four uprights rebuilt with new bearings
    Suspension rebuilt with new Aurora PTFE rod-ends
    New Spax CSX 2.0ā€ shocks (zero-droop front)
    New D Faulkner springs (250lbs front, 200lbs rear)
    Proper flat-floor alignment
    Brake rotors turned
    New wheel studs installed
    New stainless sleeve nuts
    Calipers rebuilt with stainless pistons and Hawk black brake pads
    New stainless brake flex lines
    New oil and water plumbing
    Fab new coolant header tank with bleeds from radiator and thermostat
    Install new coolant hardlines
    New paint on body work

Gear ratios currently installed:
    19:32
    22:28
    24:28
    25:27

Liked: 0

Default Here are a few photos of the car.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information