Liked: 447

Default Corona Cup Event #5 - 4/28/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Watkins Glen

Next week's ApexSpeed.com Corona Cup Event will be held at Watkins Glen! Come on out and race with us!

Some things to remember:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.

It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below. https://discordapp.com/

Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside. Instructions for doing this are here: https://appuals.com/enable-configure-push-talk-discord/

Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Watkins Glen
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1508582012

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 138

Right leg going to be so tired haha. Basically always flat out.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Liked: 839

James,
    Maybe you didn't get the word that we are RUNNING THE CHICANE .. and the BOOT at WGI... Your times look like you might be skipping both of those And FLAT OUT all the way around ?? .. maybe you're just running the front straight over and over again??
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Haha you found my secret!

Oh man a 43 is possible, down to 44.4 but definitely lost a tenth in the last corner a tenth or so in the bus stop.

James .. just noticed that you're from CANADA... the circumference of the EARTH is considerably shorter up there .. that must have something to do with your ability to turn such fast times .. the tracks are shorter when seen from up there.

Steve
    Steve, FV80

Could be that. Or Canadians are just faster
    so close!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Could be that. Or Canadians are just faster
    so close!
    I'm just going to point out that Canadians qualified 1-2 this evening....just sayin!
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Yeah good job Shane

I can positively report that I had NO SPINS and NO CRASHES .. and I didn't get in anyone's way this evening. A first for me .
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    I'm just going to point out that Canadians qualified 1-2 this evening....just sayin!

Nice Job, Shane and great laps, James! I was watching the replay after I rage quit and saw the freak spin on the front straight on the first or second lap. Was that an accidental double downshift or something?

I had 3 separate run-ins this go-round. A banzai pass on the first lap entering the bus stop, getting squeezed out by lapped traffic when Erik and I were battling for 3rd, and then I got accidentally clipped by my friend who was also being lapped, but he went to avoid me once I got by and thought I was clear and ended up dropping a tire off causing him to loop and cut back across the track. 3rd to 6th in a blink. I love that version of Watkins, but they definitely need to put some penalty markers down in several spots. The timing boards were all over the place after people figured out you could bypass the bus stop AND bypass the boot entirely! On to next week!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Nice Job, Shane and great laps, James! I was watching the replay after I rage quit and saw the freak spin on the front straight on the first or second lap. Was that an accidental double downshift or something?

I had 3 separate run-ins this go-round. A banzai pass on the first lap entering the bus stop, getting squeezed out by lapped traffic when Erik and I were battling for 3rd, and then I got accidentally clipped by my friend who was also being lapped, but he went to avoid me once I got by and thought I was clear and ended up dropping a tire off causing him to loop and cut back across the track. 3rd to 6th in a blink. I love that version of Watkins, but they definitely need to put some penalty markers down in several spots. The timing boards were all over the place after people figured out you could bypass the bus stop AND bypass the boot entirely! On to next week!
    Yes, the freak spin...I was reaching for the "look behind me" button, and just happened to knock my gear shifter into 1st gear while on my way to the button! Luckily it was a full 360 that only lost me 4-5 seconds or so, and more importantly didn't take anyone else out.

I had great fun in that little 4some battle for 3rd, finally feel comfortable out there. It did seem as though we were having some challenges getting through lapped traffic at times. I was right behind you guys during the accident going up the esses.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Thread Information