Liked: 322

Default My laps “X2” track timing system

Our local track is looking at purchasing the latest “x2” Mylaps timing system to replace the older decoder.

does anyone have experience with the newer track hardware and software? I assume the older transponders still work on this system, but you never know. Most of our members, as well as all of the rental transponders are the older trans260 variety. Also, beyond additional data linked into the Mylaps website, what would the benefit be to upgrade an existing and functional system?

also, is this new system subscription based like the new transponders? Our organization needs to look at all costs associated with this change.

If if there is an issue, I would like to let our group know earlier while there may be time to react.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 138

I can tell you the old transponders do work. Our track has the new hw. I've never used the old so not sure the difference.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Liked: 348

Older transponders are compatible with the new hardware/software. The change enables the kind of bidirectional communication seen on the IMSA cars.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 322

Thanks guys, good news for those with the older hardware.

being a vintage group, I’m not entirely sure why they see a need for bi-directional info and the added expense of the hardware/software. We are already cash strapped. My fear is that the new hardware is a subscription based and the group has not anticipated the extra costs in their budgets
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Thread Information