Liked: 7

Default Need Brabham BT21C photos

I am trying to locate parts to restore my BT21C to FB specs. The previous owner had converted the car to FF specs. The rear suspension seems good but the front has been significantly changed. The front now has smaller rotors, steel Girlings and a steel Triumph hub.

I am looking for photos of a correct BT21C front suspension showing the hub, wheel studs, rotor and brake caliper. A photo of the mounting side of a front wheel would be great also.

I do have the original MRD brake caliper brackets so that is good. I think I have located a pair of correct rotors at GMT and J.R. Mitchell thinks he can help with the rest but any other sources would be great to know about.

Does anyone know what the correct Girling front calipers should be?

Liked: 530

https://motorsportsmarket.com/raceca...brabham-bt21c/

does this help? There are some detailed photos

Contributing Member
    Liked: 13

Default BrabhamBT21

Dave Irwin Engineering is the goto guy on Brabhams.
    He follows Apex speed..
    I will let him know re your post maybe he can help
    regards
    Paul
    Chevron B23
    Brabham BT29
    Ralt RT4
    Hawke DL9

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Sails View Post
    Dave Irwin Engineering is the goto guy on Brabhams.
    He follows Apex speed..
    I will let him know re your post maybe he can help
    regards
    Paul
    Chevron B23
    Brabham BT29
    Ralt RT4
    Hawke DL9
    Dave is the go to guy on Brabhams.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 21

Default Bt21c

Devillo,

Looks like you are not in NY anymore.

You are welcome to get in touch with me anytime.
    irwin_eng using hotmail
    303-653-5550
    David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    https://motorsportsmarket.com/raceca...brabham-bt21c/

does this help? There are some detailed photos
    Thanks Mikey,

That photo is a good start for what I am looking for. I see they are using a rod end at the end of the steering arm instead of a normal tie rod end. That should help with bump steer adjustment. My car has the traditional Tie rod end. Looks like they are using the same design wheel studs as shown on the Lee Chapman site but have a small bushing added to make them the same as the rear stud installation. I was considering that also.

I still hope I can get some close up photos of the calipers/brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by David Irwin View Post
    Devillo,

Looks like you are not in NY anymore.

You are welcome to get in touch with me anytime.
    irwin_eng using hotmail
    303-653-5550
    Hello David,

You're up very early this morning. Once I resolve the front suspension questions and get the material in hand I'll assemble one corner to prove it out and then proceed to get down to a bare frame. I haven't decided whether I will personally bring the frame to you or try to ship it. Actually I have a home in Rochester, NY and Titusville, FL. My wife doesn't like the cold so I got "encouraged" to by a place in Florida. The car is in Rochester. I'll give you a call on Monday. Take care, this Wuhan virus is a bad actor and you are a bit of a national treasure to us Brabham owners.

Liked: 21

Default Picture of BT21C - 8

Front suspension from a BT21C only 2 chassis numbers from yours. This car was only 8 races from new when my customer and I bought it. Very original car with a FT200. Hope that helps. David

David Irwin
    Irwin Engineering
    Bailey, CO 80421
    303-653-5550

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

Quote Originally Posted by macbt21 View Post
    Thanks Mikey,

That photo is a good start for what I am looking for. I see they are using a rod end at the end of the steering arm instead of a normal tie rod end. That should help with bump steer adjustment. My car has the traditional Tie rod end. Looks like they are using the same design wheel studs as shown on the Lee Chapman site but have a small bushing added to make them the same as the rear stud installation. I was considering that also.

I still hope I can get some close up photos of the calipers/brackets.

That’s Paul Richins BT21. I take car of that car for Paul. It had Girling D14R calipers on it when those pics were taken. It now has AR’s on it. I bought the calipers, the brackets, and the rotors all from Ken at Dave Bean Engineering. The parts all bolt right on the Triumph uprights. And yes, I put rod ends on it to get the bumpsteer zeroed out.
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Quote Originally Posted by teamwisconsin View Post
    That’s Paul Richins BT21. I take car of that car for Paul. It had Girling D14R calipers on it when those pics were taken. It now has AR’s on it. I bought the calipers, the brackets, and the rotors all from Ken at Dave Bean Engineering. The parts all bolt right on the Triumph uprights. And yes, I put rod ends on it to get the bumpsteer zeroed out.
    Thanks Ethan for the comeback. I have a pair of what I believe are D12R calipers I assume will go on the rear. I also have a pair of AP-Lockheed CP2094 calipers with the same size pistons but the mounting bolt holes are too small to be used on my car. I'd like to find a new home for them. I'll probably purchase a pair of AR's with 2" pistons for the front. I'll call Ken at Dave Bean tomorrow to see what he can do for me. I was able to make a contact at GMT Racing and they think they have the correct 10.3" rotors. Again thanks for the help. Once I resolve the front end Hub/Brakes questions I'll finish stripping the frame and get it out to Dave Irwin. I have the engine back from Ted Wenz and I think the gearbox goes out for mods this Tuesday.

Thread Information