Liked: 146

Default Makita 18V Tyre Inflators

I have used a 3000psi bottle of air for many years as an air source at the track. Pumping tyres, running air guns etc. In this part of the world, you can only hire the tanks, so there is an ongoing cost.

With the advent of good battery powered rattle guns, I no longer use any air tools.

Perhaps the new Makita 18V tyre inflator could be useful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rz1FFjPKd0

Anyone used one of these?

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

I have a Ryobi 18V one that I use. None of them are fast, but they get the job done. None of them seem to have an accurate psi gauge, so I just go past what I need and then use a proper gauge to let air out. Far more portable and easier than tanks.

Contributing Member phantomjock's Avatar
    Liked: 105

What "mikey" said. we borrowed one one weekend at a local AX when my "tank" ran dry. My crew liked it so much -- she got me one for Christmas. Works great - but overshoot pressure and dial back. A spare battery is a good idea too. It is handier than the spare small 12v compressor we keep in the tow vehicle, and "tops up" quicker. (no cords to sort out)

Cheers - Jim
    When I used to fly Phantoms, I was called an AVIATOR.
    Now I race cars. So, am I now called a PAVIATOR?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

I would expect the air out of one of the little compressors is loaded with moisture, so it will not be dry air for tires. Nitrogen or the 3k psi bottle you have been using is probably better in that regard. But, I do want one of those!

Liked: 536

Bring one of these along and you don't have to worry about draining your battery. Easy to move, too!

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 530

Quote Originally Posted by bardahl77 View Post
    bring one of these along and you don't have to worry about draining your battery. Easy to move, too!

brilliant!

Liked: 3279

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    I would expect the air out of one of the little compressors is loaded with moisture, so it will not be dry air for tires. Nitrogen or the 3k psi bottle you have been using is probably better in that regard. But, I do want one of those!
    Get a small desiccant dryer to dry the air before it goes into the tire or air tank. They're like a water/oil separator in size and cost less than $50. Most industrial supply places sell them.
    Dave Weitzenhof

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information