Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 902

Default Lotus Twincam Weber Head

Clearly, with 975 views and not a single response, I have overpriced the head. How about US$2250, I throw in the cams (assuming i can find them!), and you ship?

4.660" thick deck
    1.1530" intake
    1.30 exhaust (valves measured "in-head" so a little vague)

So, not a "big valve" head. No cracks or welds to be seen. This was taken off a street car 20 years+ ago, and has been on my bench ever since ( I had purchased a pile of parts from the owner who had dismantled his +2 only to never put it back together again. I can not tell you the spec of the head other than what is there, although the intakes seem to have been lightly polished in the day. Valves, buckets, shims all in situ. I have not had it apart.

Guys, this is a dirty, old but unmolested head . It does not appear to me to have been materially modified/machined. It will no doubt require a complete rebuild. I can supply a set of rally/race cams as well (used, L2s i believe) for a bit more cash if desired.

What's fair? US$2500?

cheers,
    BT
    Last edited by billtebbutt; 12.16.21 at 2:54 PM. Reason: Price drop

Default Price Drop

Default updated

Reasonable offers?

Default Pricing update

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Clearly, with 975 views and not a single response, I have overpriced the head. How about US$2250, I throw in the cams (assuming i can find them!), and you ship?

4.660" thick deck
    1.1530" intake
    1.30 exhaust (valves measured "in-head" so a little vague)

So, not a "big valve" head. No cracks or welds to be seen. This was taken off a street car 20 years+ ago, and has been on my bench ever since ( I had purchased a pile of parts from the owner who had dismantled his +2 only to never put it back together again. I can not tell you the spec of the head other than what is there, although the intakes seem to have been lightly polished in the day. Valves, buckets, shims all in situ. I have not had it apart.

Guys, this is a dirty, old but unmolested head . It does not appear to me to have been materially modified/machined. It will no doubt require a complete rebuild. I can supply a set of rally/race cams as well (used, L2s i believe) for a bit more cash if desired.

What's fair? US$2500?

cheers,
    BT
    So, QED will sell you a new head (the head I am selling has never been skimmed) with no guides/valves/cams/buckets/shims etc for US$3050. Then you pay taxes and duty on top of that. Or, you can buy this original Lotus head WITH L2s for US$2250, and it comes with valves, buckets, shims etc. Certainly, the head needs rebuilding, and not all these parts are going to be in spec - I get that some parts will need replacing. But it seems a snip at the price I am asking, based upon what heads have sold at on LotusElan.net this year....

Cheers,
    BT

Liked: 0

Default Lotus Head

Do you have any pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by elan1969 View Post
    Do you have any pictures of it?
    you have PM
    bt

Default New lower price

US$1900. This is STILL on the workbench!

bt

Thread Information