Liked: 447

Default rF2 on sale for $15.99

It's only a matter of time before we get a league or fun runs going again. If you have other sims, there's absolutely no reason not to own rF2 at this price (one time fee) too for what you get.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3...oDECXJviJ_Fp1M
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member
    Liked: 30

Default ...and?

Not being a gamer since the '80's, in the arcades. What are recommendations for a steering/pedal unit?

John Mihalich, Jr.

Liked: 447

Hi! Depends on your budget and what you want out of it. If you just want to try it out and see if it's something you'd like, I'd recommend going entry level like a Logitech G29 or something like that. If you know you're going to be committed and willing to spend more, I'd buy Fanatec. If you're wanting the best possible experience spared no expense, I'd go with a direct drive wheel of some kind. I've only personally owned 4 different kinds of sim wheels so I don't have much to offer except that my Fanatec belt drive stuff makes Logitech products seem much more like toys. There are so many people out on Youtube doing video reviews and have an extreme amount of experience with different products since that's what they do, I would watch as many of those reviews as you can and make your own conclusion. I haven't kept on top of what the latest and greatest products are out there since I got my own setup several years ago.

I've watched plenty of reviews from Inside Sim Racing, but the normal guys who started it have gone their own ways so I don't know who is running it now. https://www.youtube.com/user/simracingtonight

As another resource, you will likely also find out a lot of information on their forums as well> https://www.isrtv.com/forums/ a lot of these guys live and breathe sim racing where as I only know what I've used.

There are 3 tiers of sim caliber wheels out there and some of the manufacturers have overlap in them.

Entry Level Gear Driven: Logitech, Thrustmaster $ a couple hundred
    Mid Level Belt Driven: Fanatec $$ several hundred
    High Level Direct Driven: Accuforce, Fanatec $$$ thousands
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by LFFR View Post
    Not being a gamer since the '80's, in the arcades. What are recommendations for a steering/pedal unit?

John Mihalich, Jr.
    Did you decide on a wheel? Just curious as I am getting back in myself.

Thanks!

Eric
    Eric Peterson

Thread Information