Liked: 51

Default F500 2-Stoke Engines

Quote Originally Posted by sathorp View Post
    Just install a Rotax 583! Same results at less cost!
    This 494-conversion kit makes absolutely no sense to me!
    Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    You should write a letter to the CRB!

I know that they are tired of hearing from me!

Unless something is done or a miracle happens F500 will be gone from majors competition next January 1st,

I personally have no interest what so ever in any Rotax 593, Rotax 594 Conversion Kit, or any Rotax 583 with or without 25mm restrictors that can be installed into a F500 car with an expansion pipe built by HRP that can or needs to produce an over revved powerband @8800 rpm+. IMO, a Rotax 600cc 2-Stroke engines with an over revved 8800 rpm+ powerband if used for road racing will probably have limited life/reliability/durability, may break crankshafts, and may destroy crankcases.

Also, approving any additional 2-Stroke engines at this time in the F500 class IMO would take money and a years’ worth work and testing at a minimum to acquire all the data that’s necessary. Plus, there is no guarantee after all the work, time, and money is invested that the CRB would accept any of these proposed additional engines. IMO it would also require a creditable argument that any additional engines would have a possible positive impact on F500 class PARTICATION to get approval by the CRB!

So, again I have absolutely no interest in any of the 600cc 2-Storke engines that can or needs to be over revved to 8800 +rpm listed above based on my own personal reasons that I’ve stated above! Therefore, I’m not writing any letters to the CRB related to any of the Rotax 600cc 2-Stroke engine packages listed above. If other members in the F500 class are interested in these Rotax 600cc 2-Stroke engine packages for road racing, then they are free to write letters to the CRB and invest their time and money anyway they choose. Also, if members race with organizations where they are not required to follow the GCR F500 Specifications for road racing then they are free use any 2-Stroke engine they choose.

People need to write their own letters to the CRB!!!

Let me try a simpler approach so it’s easier to understand. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here’s two pictures maybe they’re worth two thousand words!

I current own 10 Complete Rotax 494 engines (I know where there are 2 more) I also own 2 Complete Rotax 493 engines. I have less money invested in 12 Rotax 494/493 engines than someone would have in 1 $6000 HRP Rotax 593 engine with a powerband @8800 rpm+. If I purchased 3 additional engines then I would have enough Rotax 494/493 engine to fill the recent 2019 SCCA National Runoffs Grid @VIR! So, I’m 3 Rotax 494/493 engines short of a recent F500 SCCA National Runoffs Grid.

When it comes to F500 Rotax 494/493 2-Stroke engines I’m good, I think I’m covered!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpg 
Views:	1434 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	91268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpeg 
Views:	1092 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	91269  

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

I have no more input into the 2-Stroke carburation discussion that was the topic of the previous thread.
    So, let me answer these engine questions on a thread with the correct topic, plus people may not have
    seen or read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    As a curious bystander and a lover of the smell of Blendzall. . . what breakage problem do you have that warrants the need for 12 engines?
    I have experienced no breakage problems and I don’t anticipate any in the future!

Or is it just a collection to ensure the future needs of the class participants are met?
    Correct

How many folks are actively campaigning that engine package?
    4 Rotax 494 powered cars participated in SCCA Major Events in 2018 & 2019
    1 Rotax 494 powered car participated in the SCCA Runoffs in 2018 & 2019

No 493 powered cars have participated in SCCA Major Events or the SCCA Runoffs for several years.

Sorry for the late reply
    Last edited by sathorp; 04.28.20 at 3:41 PM.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 72

Quote Originally Posted by sathorp View Post
    I have no more input into the 2-Stroke carburation discussion that was the topic of the previous thread.
    So, let me answer these engine questions on a thread with the correct topic, plus people may not have
    seen or read this thread.

I have experienced no breakage problems and I don’t anticipate any in the future!

Correct

4 Rotax 494 powered cars participated in SCCA Major Events in 2018 & 2019
    1 Rotax 494 powered car participated in the SCCA Runoffs in 2018 & 2019

No 493 powered cars have participated in SCCA Major Events or the SCCA Runoffs for several years.

Sorry for the late reply
    I'm pretty sure Chuck Mcabee run a 493.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    I think he switched to a 593 several years ago, but I may be wrong!!!

Liked: 307

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    593 since the Indy Runoff's

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information