Liked: 536

Default 110 years of Indy 500 and this

The only other things to keep the 500 Mile race from running in May was World Wars 1 and 2. It's now delayed until late August. I think 2020 is going to end up being forever known as "The Lost Season" in racing history.

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 1880

Month Of May Schedule Updates Announced

In a joint statement between INDYCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge has been rescheduled for Sunday, Aug. 23 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 104th edition of "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" will air live on NBC. The GMR Grand Prix will transition to Saturday, July 4 on the IMS road course as part of a historic double-header featuring the NTT INDYCAR SERIES and NASCAR. This first-of-its-kind racing event also will be televised by NBC on Independence Day.

Liked: 536

You know, seeing the big iron on the Indy road course will be pretty interesting! Hope we're all around to see it.

Oh phoo, the Cup cars will do the oval on Sunday, Indy & Xfinity on the road course Saturday.

They should just put them all out for one big race - mixing open & closed wheel works OK in club racing, right?

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 301

Quote Originally Posted by Bardahl77 View Post
    The only other things to keep the 500 Mile race from running in May was World Wars 1 and 2. It's now delayed until late August. I think 2020 is going to end up being forever known as "The Lost Season" in racing history.
    Remember the IRL-CART debacle? Tony George wanted HIS Indy 500 to be the grand season ender, so the '95 champ wasn't determined until May of '96...ridiculous.

All things considered right now, I'll take a delay over a cancellation.
    Glenn

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 238

Oh phoo, the Cup cars will do the oval on Sunday, Indy & Xfinity on the road course Saturday.
    I was kinda looking forward to seeing 43 Cup cars heading into the chicane on lap one.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

Doing it out of an abundance of caution. given everything else going on it would have been very very unpopular with the rest of the sporting world and the world in general to hold things as scheduled

Liked: 1115

Better to reschedule than run with nobody packed into the grandstands elbow to elbow.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Thread Information