Liked: 82

Default Racing on hold; so what are you working on?

On one of the vintage group Facebook pages I posted up a thread asking what everybody is working on. It's been a nice distraction So I figured I'd ask the same here.

Currently I'm replacing the radiator on my car. The two row unit on there sees the car running a bit warm so I found a 4 core aluminum radiator. The rad is for a GL1100, naturally as it's direct replacement so that means I need to fab a couple of small brackets.

Depnding on how long this goes I may repaint some of the parts so it's not so scruffy.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

First thing, making a ceiling/attic storage area for all the bodywork taking up floor space!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 324

Trailer projects that have grown in scope once I got started. Strange thing is... I have had nuts n bolts in shop that have worked on this whole project rather than running to the hardware store 2 or 3 times a day !!

Liked: 536

I work in IT for a state agency, so I'm working from home. And it's realllly hard to keep focus.

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 36

Working from home and on-call 24/7 but still getting some stuff done in the garage. Massive spring cleaning and rearrange of everything in the garage. Working on better storage of parts, nuts and bolts. Need to roll out the Lola and get some for sale pictures. A little work here and there on the Van Diemen which still isn't race ready.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Default stir crazy

I'm in the financial services industry working from home (yea, its been a fun ride so far, and no I can't comment about it on any site outside my network). I wander out to the shop at least 3 times a day; sorting bolts, cleaning tools, staring at the cars, cleaning out cabinets. If this keeps going I may take the cars apart and put them back together just for practice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shop 3-22-20-2.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	91237  
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

10. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 45

I've been doing a Fiberglass project on the tail of my car which is now awaiting paint, and with some help we have built some scale platforms out of wood.

Liked: 536

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    I'm in the financial services industry working from home (yea, its been a fun ride so far, and no I can't comment about it on any site outside my network). I wander out to the shop at least 3 times a day; sorting bolts, cleaning tools, staring at the cars, cleaning out cabinets. If this keeps going I may take the cars apart and put them back together just for practice.
    That shop is FAR too clean for any real work to be taking place. I'll bet there's another bay off to the side with oil & grease stains and bits of safety wire and rivets and rags on the floor! :-)

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Finishing our basement. Prepping '79 Scirocco for Vintage. Reassembling '89 Reynard for Vintage. Adding wizzy bits to the '94 Miata for track days & general all around fun on the street. Staying out of my wife's way, she's working from home with online classes and meetings. She's a University professor.
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

The cleanliness is part of my stir craziness. Its almost never quite this clean and it could be even cleaner if this 'distancing' keeps going. The welding table off to the left (out of the picture) beside the Miller TIG is a bit messy- I'll get to that this weekend. Behind the camera is a floor full of tools, parts etc. being cleaned and sorted to go back on shelving.

I need some racing....
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 51

My friend purchased a KBS Mk VII from John McFarland first week in January. I’ve been working with him most of the winter to assemble the car so we can go Autocross locally this summer. We had the chassis into a roller by the first week of March. We used a lot of spare parts I had from my KBS Mk V. It’s apart right now and he’s painting all the chassis parts so we can do finally chassis assembly. The plan is Autocross locally this year and get him through his SCCA Drivers School in April 2021 at Waterford Hills. Our racing group currently has 3 guys’ we maybe adding a 4th. I currently store all the groups cars. There are 3 F500 car in my garage and 1 in my trailer. We’re looking for a 5th F500 project car for our interested new 4th member.

I’ve been organizing the garage to store F500 cars and all the parts. Assembling racks and organizing parts in totes to maximize floor space. Have lots of attic storage space above the garage to store bodywork, currently 3 complete sets of bodywork up there. But that attic area needs some more organization and cleaning to maximize the storage space. Also, been trying to sell all my Chevy Parts that are left from my Bracket Racing Days.

I purchased a 2014 1 Ton 3500 Chevy Express Cargo Van to replace the brand new 2019 1500 Chevy Silverado Pickup I destroyed and completely totaled a last March. I owned the 2019 vehicle for one month. Last March all kinds of bad things happened that hopefully lead to a much better more positive outcome. Purchased some of the components I need to convert the Cargo Van into a tow vehicle/camper so I can stay down south most of the winter & race at Low Cost & Low Budget.

I spun my 2010 Invader and ran into a wall a PBIR last March. I tore and folded up the front right corner. That’s been repaired just need to do a front-end alignment. My friends going to paint and repair all the bodywork for the Invader including the new nose I purchased from Q. Then it just needs race prepped and it’s ready to go.

Have multiple F500 cars to work on (2 to race prep, 2 to build, 1 to find) plus tow vehicle/camper, trailer, and garage projects. There is plenty of things to do to keep me busy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0 (2).jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	91239  

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 82

Scott I have a Ford Coachman camper van as tow vehicle; Vans re great for the exact reasons you stated, wish I'd bought one sooner. Now as for your workload, you may have to unretire so you have less to do.

Good stuff so far...…….keeping em comin.

Liked: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Grossmann View Post
    Scott I have a Ford Coachman camper van as tow vehicle; Vans re great for the exact reasons you stated, wish I'd bought one sooner. Now as for your workload, you may have to unretire so you have less to do.

Good stuff so far...…….keeping em comin.
    Yea, I may have to go back to work! I'm working harder in retirement! Lol
    But, if I want to take a day off, I can do that anytime I please.
    Last edited by sathorp; 03.26.20 at 12:34 PM.

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information