Contributing Member Robert J. Alder's Avatar
    Liked: 301

Default RMVR Welcomes large Formula Cars to their Charity Event.

RMVR is featuring larger Formula Cars at their annual charity event, the Race Against Kids' Cancer - Aug 1-2, 2020. High Plains Raceway is a great circuit for this group of cars. We welcome visitors from other organizations. And it's a fund raising event for a great foundation which funds research into children's cancer.

• A Saturday/Sunday event but also a Friday T&T available which will include evening entertainment (read "free beer and chili cook-off" ).
    • Dedicated Feature Run Group for the weekend.
    • Saturday track-side food and entertainment.
    • Incentives being given away for fund raising.

Come meet and race with some different folks at different track. Both cool. We can arrange for rig storage if your trip is coupled with some Colorado vacation. Feel free to call with any questions. Bob Alder - Denver 303-981-6364

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 94

Good news: this event is still on, and it's just three weeks away!

Even better news: BOSS (Big Open-wheel Single Seater) cars, even those that aren't exactly vintage and aren't exactly as big as old F1 cars, are being welcomed as a featured run group. You can run your BOSS-ish formula car so long as it has a logbook and appropriate safety equipment, even if it isn't "vintage".

For example, I'm going to be "that guy" by having my modern F1000 there (in addition to my vintage Vee in a different run group). I'd love to have more company! We already have one Indy car signed up, in addition to F5000s, FAs, FBs, FSVs, and so on; can we get more?

The entry fee is relatively cheap, the track time is plentiful, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Plus, High Plains is a fun track.

It's also RMVR's fundraiser for the Morgan Adams Foundation, fighting childhood cancer.

If you can't go, please at least consider donating a few dollars so I can beat Bob in the fundraising effort. (Sorry Bob -- not sorry )

Registration info for the race visible here

If you're within a tow of Colorado, you should come out!

Jeff

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 530

I hope to do this one next year! My F3000 isn't quite ready..

Liked: 182

Interesting. Would my 88 Reynard FC pinto now be welcome?

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrh3 View Post
    Interesting. Would my 88 Reynard FC pinto now be welcome?
    Yup, at least for this race.

My hope is that everybody will see how awesome and non-threatening the slightly newer but still not exactly modern winged formula cars, like your Reynard, are during the race. While I have no expectation that my Phoenix will make regular appearances (it's only seven years old, after all), I would love for this to open a full-time door to cars like yours that are in a valley between the vintage and modern realms. Just my opinion.

Jeff

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 182

Quote Originally Posted by Teuobk View Post
    Yup, at least for this race.

My hope is that everybody will see how awesome and non-threatening the slightly newer but still not exactly modern winged formula cars, like your Reynard, are during the race. While I have no expectation that my Phoenix will make regular appearances (it's only seven years old, after all), I would love for this to open a full-time door to cars like yours that are in a valley between the vintage and modern realms. Just my opinion.

Jeff
    That is welcome news for those of us who would like to run with you. I certainly hope the club board gives consideration to opening up the eligibility as has been done by other clubs.
    My 82 VD FF on vintage tires looks like a CF, runs like a CF, quacks like a CF but alas, is not eligible to run with your FF, CF group.
    A shame to have the cars sitting at home in the garage. Wish I had known sooner. Colorado is a great state.

Though maybe the club has all the entrants it wants?

Liked: 80

Hoping to make this also after seeing Jeff's invite

-Jake

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jrh3 View Post
    My 82 VD FF on vintage tires looks like a CF, runs like a CF, quacks like a CF but alas, is not eligible to run with your FF, CF group.
    I don't want to speak for the FF group in RMVR, but I can see in the entry data that there is some precedent over the past few years for slightly newer FFs running even at events where FF isn't the featured class. You should give Bob Alder (the gentleman who started this thread) a call/email.

Jeff

Liked: 162

Thread Information