Liked: 3

Default Available to help FF team at races in the south east

I am interested in getting into club Ford Racing. I would like to get some experience at a few events. I work at Michelin as a tire designer and help with Michelin tire support at Weather tech race events. I have worked with BMW, Porsche, etc...

If there is a FF or Club Ford team that needs help at some up coming races I would be interested. I am particularly interested in helping at the Walter Mitty event in April at Road Atlanta,

Sincerely,

Marcelo Perini
    f1chello@yahoo.com
    864-395-9455

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

If I get everything together this weekend, I should be at Road Atlanta both of the last two weekends this month. I usually have an open spot on my crew list although I will probably have my boys one of those weekends.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Marcelo,
    Here's a thought. I'm probably crewing for Dave Weitzenhof at the FRP weekend April 9-10 at Road Atlanta.
    Dave has only won 7 national championships. I kinda sorta guess he knows something about prep, setups, and the like.
    FRP will be running f2000, f1600, Atlantic, etc. So you will be immersed in formula car over dose weekend.
    I don't know diddley, but you could watch as Dave tries to get me to do "things" on one of the wizziest cars in the world. (usually he sends Sherrie around the paddock to find me BSing in some other team's paddock.)
    I know people. My people can get you in without a US passport.
    You could also walk down and watch Greg work his butt off. That is one of my favorite past times.
    Or ...stand on the fence and be amazed as kids in f1600s create 5 car freight trains bump drafting around one of the greatest race tracks in the world.
    I'm not responsible for you (or me) after 5 pm on any of the days. NDAs apply.
    Just a thought. You can't cause any more problems in Dave's paddock than i do...
    but, for the record... be prepared to be overwhelmed.
    After about 40 years you'll get it.

6. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Frog, What if i showed up? I'm really experienced at being in the paddock.

Jim,
    It would be a honor and a pleasure to have you in the paddock. I can't think of a better way to raise the outstanding reputation of the Hall of Fame Weitzenhof family, than to have you on the crew. Your extensive experience both as crew, gofer, and sponsor of a Championship winning team sets you apart from the average Irish Lawyer. I say bring it on. Your room is waiting at Chateu Elan.
    I'll be at the bar, on my reserved stool. Bring it on.
    It will not be proper unless you drive up in a rental Chevy HHR... just saying.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Jim Morgan, he of the questionable boorish behavior ?
    Really ?

He's not so bad if we keep him away from Defer, Jordan, JR2, etc. I always thought Boorish was Jim's middle name...

Liked: 3

Default Available to help FF team at Races in the southeast

Purple Frog:

Yes I have heard of Dave W. I would like to stop by and talk and see how you prepare the car, etc.. Can help if you need it. Will I need a SCCA licence to get in the pit or just pay entry? What car will you be running and any obvious ref to find you in the pits?

Sincerely

Marcelo Perini

Thread Information