Liked: 1

Default Electric Shifter help !!!!

Hey Guys, I was able to find an incredible car here through a post.
    Got a great deal and met an incredible member of this community. I have a p1 Prince LSR. I am
    putting the car back together nut and bolt.

This is where I need help. I have paddle shifter that are pingel. I can not find and diagrams or info on this. It seems to be an older system. I’ve emailed pingel, and proshift and called but don’t have any serial or model numbers to go off of. I haven’t received anything back from them. So hoping someone here might have ran this system in dsr. The left fielder here is there is a pro shift module ( also no model or serial numbers ). From asking around I don’t believe the two systems work with each other. The gentleman I bought this car has done an incredible job getting this car built and designed. He did come to a stop on the electrical system and he doesn’t remember the details about the shifter system. If anyone can help by these pics it would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to decide if I just keep paddles and the actuator to make the shifts and go stand alone where the ecu will control flat shifts and auto blips. I also believe I’m missing the auto blip mechanical part to control throttle body.... if anyone has a diagram or point me in the right direction that would be amazing!

Thank you !

PB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45EDF18B-F261-4C8E-A3C8-5BD82E6BBB18.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	90834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6759B240-9961-445C-8216-8597D17C8D6D.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	90835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	085F8BCA-4379-43D6-92F7-4417E829CABE.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	90836  

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Added info -

Hayabusa engine. Factory wiring harness. Apex Ecu.

Liked: 133

Pingel is an old system that was used a lot of Harleys. I had one in my AMAC in 2007 which the PO had installed. It worked fairly well until it started acting up halfway thru a race. It became very unreliable. It would take 2-4 hits to shift gears on upshift then started acting up on downshifts as well. It is very sensitive to mounting correctly. It also has a tendency to slam the gear lever. I even had the GSXR gearbox checked for issues which there were none.

I removed it and installed a paddle shift system that I got from Stohr. Later on I installed a Flatshifter Expert system.

Send me a PM and I can see if I have any documentation left or old pictures.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

All Electric Up-Down Shifter Kit 77300 Instructions Pingel.pdf

This may tell you a bit about the Pingel.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

From Pingel: "Helpful Operating Tips: Here is an example of what we found works for us: when upshifting at whatever your shift point RPM is (2000 – UP) do not drop the RPM to make a shift happen, this will not help. RPM must be kept up to make a shift happen. When traveling at lower speeds, twist the throttle on slightly when hitting the shift button, to make a smoother shift. When downshifting, if you keep the rpm’s between 1400-2000 you may be able to downshift without wicking the throttle, just a push of the button. If not, a slight crack of the throttle helps to smoothly go into lower gears. Our testing team has found that downshifting works best when shifting just under the following mph: 4th gear at 40mph, 3rd gear at 30mph, 2nd gear at 20mph and 1st gear at 10mph."

From the above, it would appear that the Pingel is not designed for the type of shifting that we do in a DSR. Our upshifts are usually in the 10000-12000 range and downshifts are 8000-10000 range. The timing of the Pingel system is probably not suited to our application.
    Craig Farr
    Stohr WF1 P2

Liked: 285

You say you have a Pingle, but you also have pictures of a Pro-Shift system GCU, that uses a similar actuator and blipper valve. I've found the folks at Pro-Shift very helpful:

https://www.proshift.com/
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Default Thanks for response !

Hey David, I’m understanding how the pingel system works fairly easy. It two buttons ( paddle ) on wheel that control the electric solenoid for up and down shifts. I can mount and put power to the unit and it will do the shifting. As far as the pro shift goes. I got everything you see in the photo as is. I think the prior owner got the pro shift to control the flat shift and auto blip. There is zero info or diagrams on the web about that gcu. I’ve emailed pro shift and called. I finally received a message last night from pro shift and his respond was. Does the pro shift gcu have lights and adjustment screw. He also mentioned my pic of the car was interesting. I responded yes to lights and screw and hope to hear back. I get the feeling I’m missing additional wiring or parts. From what I have found researching pics and threads it looks like I need something mechanical to blip my throttle bodies because I’m using cable and not fly by wire pedal. I’ll get to the bottom of this with time. Race season is coming fast! Worst case I’ll buy a new system and go stand alone. I prefer to try and make everything work with what I have to save time and money as well. Thank you !

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

As soon as I saw your class and number as your avatar knew who it was. I hope you get it together and go terrorize the fastest classes. FV guys will miss you. I look forward to seeing the car if we have a racing season in New England. Best of luck with your project.

Thread Information