Liked: 151

Default New Driver's Association front end parts purchase

Thanks to a new acquisition, the Formula First Drivers Association (FFDA) has just gotten three replacement beams and a number of torsion arms which can be made available to members pretty much at our cost. So if you bend a beam in a shunt and it can’t be fixed by our beam straightening machine, one of these beams should be in someone’s trailer. Thus your long drive to a race will not be in vain. In addition, we have sway bars, adjusters, bearings and brake pads available at the track. All of this is made possible by your dues, board member donations and sponsor good will.

The FFDA has also made arrangements for a number of parts that sometimes take a week to procure, to be immediately available. We still have a couple sets of “made for us” valve springs and one set of real German Porsche valve adjuster screws. And although I haven’t yet placed the order, we’ll be ordering undrilled disk brake rotors. The price for these might still be in the $45 range. We also have a couple sets of disk brake pads.

One of our sponsors sells new disk brake spindles, and he tells me he has ten brand new Mexican VW front beams if you desire.

PM me and I can put you in touch with the right person.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 7

Default sway bar

Hello,

I am looking for a sway bar for my track car. I want to set up the front suspension like a formula first. I tried to PM but it is full.

Thanks Gerald

Liked: 151

Default Sure

I can put you in touch with the guy who makes them. I don't know why my PM was full, but just email me directly.

Robert

fst at rochester dot rr dot com

The main question he'll ask is whether you'll be using bias ply or radial race tires.

Thread Information