Liked: 2

Default Central Div - Free Help/Help Wanted (Pit, crew)

Hey yall,

Bio-

Newbie here who's looking for some guidance and offering help at the same time. I'm new to road racing, only recently starting looking into it as it's a dream that's become more affordable these days. Iv'e done some dirt bike activities on a 250 thump. The main hobby (first person heli-quad) I raced is in the middle of being screwed over by uncle Sam. I'm 33, live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, am able bodied enough to work on pretty much anything, career programming engineer recently moved into quality engineering (potential access to cnc). I can do some design work through CAD, CFD etc.

Interest-

I'll just jump right in, open wheel F1000 is essentially the dream. Custom built chassis/car by myself and others. I'm looking for guidance at this point, and allowing function and experience dictate interest to a degree... which is why i need your help determining that big question.... Where does one who wants to end up in F1000 start? Do i start in karting? Can a non-experienced road racer jump right to forumla Vee with the right guidance from an experienced driver(including schooling)?

Experience-

Driving - I rode a GSXR750 for a few years, had plenty of sports cars but actual track or road track experience is limited. I drive a fun daily driver... but i'm ready to sell it and leave my fun cars for the track.

Wrenching - This is where i'd say i shine right now. I can work on and measure anything to some pretty good degree of confidence. Iv'e rebuilt engines, machined tough tolerances, reverse engineered prints, i have a very good mechanical understanding... this is my absolute strength.

Desire-

I may get some mixed opinions on my approach here but i'm willing start in other classes to bring myself up with experience and time. What i wouldn't want to do is perhaps do every single class in-between, as none of these classes are essentially cheap and i feel for an average joe like myself getting too financially vested into one class may hinder the financial possibility of another. And to be honest i could have a failure that took me out of an entire season... something like that would be what it is.

I'm looking for someone in formula 1000 - formula vee or even karting to show me the ropes. I'll pit for you, help you work on hardware, and i can manage to travel as far as indiana during certain periods. Perhaps this help curve could ultimately lead to you teaching me how to road race in a legitimate setting (on my dime this time) and me obtaining an scca license.

Please reach out in any of the ways listed below

Anthony

-Cell TwoSixTwo NineSixZero TwoTwoFourZero

-Email Legitepoch@Gmail DotCom

-Or message me here, now that i'm trying to initiate ill be reading threads daily
    Last edited by kubanftw; 02.18.20 at 9:32 AM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default Text message sent...

Text message sent...

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Great introduction, and I wish you the best.

I sent your thread to someone local to you on your behalf.

Good Luck, hope you can make it happen.

Liked: 2

Thank you so much all! The responses have humbled me and i can already tell the community is great!

Liked: 95

Default Driving part of this equation

I would see if Franklin (near you) has a 2 stroke arrive and drive program running at Road America kart track. Stay local stuff for awhile. Look at it as a preview to buying one, for a year. Listen, listen and pay attention. By the end of the year you need to describe precisely what the kart is doing at the beginning, middle and exit of every single corner in detail. You should also know how every driver drives, not just you but your competitors. X30/Rock would be good choices. Jim. Yes you can e-mail me as much as you need.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Thread Information