Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Default Keith Averill / Racing-Stuff

I shopped the internet for new radiators for my Reynard. "Race" radiator fabricators were twice the money with about a 2 month turn around. I received mine from Averill in about 2 weeks and the workmanship is outstanding. One problem... Now, I've got to make the rest of the car look that good....????
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Keith is a wealth of knowledge, superb fabricator, and well more than competitive in his pricing.
    V/r

Iverson

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Keith is a wealth of knowledge, superb fabricator, and well more than competitive in his pricing.
    Keith does know what he is doing!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Default Keith Averill / Racing-Stuff

I must give Kudos to Keith as well. He has helped me on my 1991 VD FC on several projects:

- Hard shifting transmission (LD-200)
    - Custom throttle cable(s)
    - Rebuilt steering rack
    - Brake Pads

Great source of knowledge/help/service/products.

Aaron

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 270

@racerdad2 - that's easy, just drop the car off at his shop!

I'm lucky to live just around the corner from him... have been thankful for his support for supplies and advice in equal measure since before I started racing things with wings!
    Vaughan Scott
    #77 ITB/HP Porsche 924
    #25 Hidari Firefly P2
    http://www.vaughanscott.com

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 183

I'll give kudos to Keith. He has been my source for brake pads and setup info on a couple of projects now.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Big Shout-out

Before this whole pandemic situation.... I spent a lot of time looking for a custom rad to be built (prior posting) for my FB/F1000/FA Motorcycle powered Van Diemen. A talked to a number of sources. Some called me back two weeks later after the initial call. Some were too busy. Others struggled with the concept.

I knew Keith from back in the day (he helped me a lot early in my racing hobby) and wanted to reconnect since I will have a couple Reynard S2000's that need rebuild (Lots of parts) I had him tackle this project.

Sent him a rough sketch of a rad. He delivered a work of art to my specific needs and checked in on every detail to ensure we could get a proper fit. But it didn't stop there. The box that it was sent it was well over engineered as well. Cardboard protecting the rad, wrapped up like a piece of glass, and the final box even had a thin plywood core to help avoid things poking into it.

Built in a week or so and sent immediately. Sat on my shelf for what felt like months before I finally got to look it over, and install.

All around great guy, with a great attitude, always helpful and full of information and awesome service.... Kudos to Keith.

Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Remember to support your racing businesses!

Sincerely
    CJ

12. The following 5 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Kudos

I had 3 ultra light panasports for my Swift that I acquired some time ago, I took a few pictures sent them to Keith and he tracked down what model they were, determined they were discontinued but worked with Panasport to get one made to match. Great source!

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Picture is a worth thousand words.... Pardon the work in progress... and the mess

Went from under a 2" rad (more like 1.5" single pass OEM VD rad) to a 3" dual pass.

Probably overboard but I hat having to back off due to temp.

Quote Originally Posted by cjahn View Post
    Before this whole pandemic situation.... I spent a lot of time looking for a custom rad to be built (prior posting) for my FB/F1000/FA Motorcycle powered Van Diemen. A talked to a number of sources. Some called me back two weeks later after the initial call. Some were too busy. Others struggled with the concept.

I knew Keith from back in the day (he helped me a lot early in my racing hobby) and wanted to reconnect since I will have a couple Reynard S2000's that need rebuild (Lots of parts) I had him tackle this project.

Sent him a rough sketch of a rad. He delivered a work of art to my specific needs and checked in on every detail to ensure we could get a proper fit. But it didn't stop there. The box that it was sent it was well over engineered as well. Cardboard protecting the rad, wrapped up like a piece of glass, and the final box even had a thin plywood core to help avoid things poking into it.

Built in a week or so and sent immediately. Sat on my shelf for what felt like months before I finally got to look it over, and install.

All around great guy, with a great attitude, always helpful and full of information and awesome service.... Kudos to Keith.

Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Remember to support your racing businesses!

Sincerely
    CJ
    Last edited by cjahn; 06.05.20 at 7:11 PM.

Liked: 99

Diggin that shop with audio equipment and overhead bin storage...

Oh yeah Keith is good, too.
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post

Oh yeah Keith is good, too.
    Thx. Was a DJ in a past life and could only recoup ten cents on the dollar for the stereo and too big for the house... so there you go.

And when you put 4 cars in a 2 car garage you have to be creative with storage! Cozy but still workable

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    Same here
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information