Liked: 310

Default National Run Days

Per the announcement at the Convention, run days will now be split. They will be Tuesday and Thursday or Wednesday and Friday.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 26

Hi Lynn,

I poked around the SCCA site and didn't see anything about this major schedule change. Where can I find more info? I would have thought this would have caused a large number of complaints?

Craig

Liked: 80

Yeah that has been rescinded they are running Tues, Wed or Thurs, Fri like always big long letter on Solo Matters or something like that.. last Month.
    I not sure we are even going to have a National's at this point, I would be surprised if we do because of the Coronavirus.
    How rusty is everyone going to be with no events until June or July, if we do have the National's. No events in Calif. until mid April (Maybe)

It's funny I just went to find Mike Cobb's (
    President and Chief Executive Officer)
    about the change and can't find it now, Hmmm.....?

Ben
    Last edited by CM/FFdriver; 03.17.20 at 2:42 PM.

I'm planning on being house bound until at least mid-August.

Liked: 80

Found it the email

that didn't work

After reviewing member feedback, we believed that the new run order would be a positive change to the Solo Nationals experience. We realize that change is difficult, but we also believe that we need to try new things in order to keep our sport fresh and relevant.Having said this, we are compassionate and want to do what we feel is right for our membership. The extensive member feedback received since the Convention has made it clear that there are aspects of this change—and others—that we need to reconsider. For 2020, we will forego the run day change, continuing the discussion and searching for better options for 2021. The reality is that, as in all organizations, leadership makes decisions on behalf of the membership on a daily basis. It is the nature of large organizations. However, there are issues that have significant impact on the membership at large, and deserve more formal, broader input. This is clearly one of those issues.For this reason, we are committing to analyzing input received to date, and request that members submit additional input on this proposed change. Please submit letters to: crbscca.com and specify Solo Events Board and choose Event Operations. A survey will also be submitted to membership at a later date addressing any possible changes to the future of our Solo Nats event allowing all to submit even more feedback. We look forward to seeing all of you at the 2020 Tire Rack SCCA Solo National Championship.Thank you,

Ben
    Last edited by CM/FFdriver; 03.17.20 at 8:52 PM.

Thread Information