Liked: 9

For Sale 1998 Citation w/Brewer body (ex Greg Schings) $7500

This car led the 98? 99? 00? Mid Ohio runoffs from Turn 1 until he spun in the Keyhole...

I bought the car in 2002, moved from Detroit to Austin, TX in 2006 - and have raced it exactly TWICE since I've been here... and now I'm OLD so it's time to give up my Formula 1 dreams...

Engine was originally Clem? I believe - but was rebuilt several times by Jim Schings (SR Racing). It is (or was) National Level power - I won a Mid Ohio regional with it - and a couple at Grattan, MI. Will need belts as the car was last raced in 2011. The pics tell the story on this car - it's clean - especially for the price. Will come with 8 rims (4 slicks and 4 rains - they're obviously pretty hard now - but OK for a driver's school). Penske shocks all around. I was 5' 11" 210 lbs in my racing days - and I fit with plenty of room. Even had to add some lead (maybe 20lbs)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 50

Default Great Car

When we sold the car after it's first year of racing and build. (SR Racing / Greg Schings) I think it had 6 National races on it. 5 Wins. (one DQ for under weight) Great car. He (Greg) was picked to to win the run-offs, but a spin when leading took him out..
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425
    http://www.sracing.com

Default Hey Jim !

Quote Originally Posted by sracing View Post
    When we sold the car after it's first year of racing and build. (SR Racing / Greg Schings) I think it had 6 National races on it. 5 Wins. (one DQ for under weight) Great car. He (Greg) was picked to to win the run-offs, but a spin when leading took him out..
    Hey Daddy Jim! Didn't know you still lurked around the FV world. Yep - Greg made the car look great at Nationals. I made it look good at Regionals...

The part I forget was there was an owner between us - a guy in the Downriver Detroit area bought it from you- then had some kind of heart condition, and never turned a wheel in it. I bought it from him in Jan 2002 - I think he bought it from you in 99? (and then sat on it for two years?) He never made a logbook entry - so I'd completely forgotten about him...

Jim Stewart

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Yep. He came to the house here and drove it around the driveway and bought it with no negotiation at all. I heard later about the heart condition when he listed for resale.

Yes, I still stalk a bit in the FV world. Still an officer of the Formula First Association, so I attend all the races. Still feeling good. Hope you are well also.
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Hey Jim,

If you were still in the F First rental business, I would come do a race and rent a car from you... of course there is the issue of a valid SCCA license... I'm too OLD for driver's school again !!!

Jim S

Hey, You can still do that. I gave my last FST support contract to Win Smith Racing Ent. in Danville. He has a NICE FST for rent. I know he has some open races yet. Get your license. (Easy, the SCCA is begging for drivers). Win is at (859) 583-4981. I will see you at the track
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Default Greg Schings FV

Hey!

Somebody needs to buy this - and go win some races !!!

That snow will be melting soon people !

Liked: 0

Default PM sent

Hey Jim,
    I sent you a pm

Default Still for sale !

Sorry - I fell off the radar while the Covid was shutting everything down, but the car is still for sale !!!

Jim

Liked: 7

Default 1998 Citation

Is the car still for sale? If it is what is your contact info? Thanks

Default Contact Info

Quote Originally Posted by predator p3-05 View Post
    Is the car still for sale? If it is what is your contact info? Thanks
    Please PM me - and I will send you my contact info - car is still for sale !

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Still for sale !!!

Still for sale... this is a very clean and complete car/motor for $7500...

Default Still for sale !

Still got the Citation - someone needs to buy this thing.

Go call Jim Schings if you want to know how nice it is - he built it...

Liked: 0

Default sent you pm

Jim,
    I did send you a pm today (nov 6th)

Default Still for sale !

The car is still for sale in Austin, TX. Please contact Jim Schings at SR Racing if you want an independent opinion on the car - they built it.
    Thanks
    Jim Stewart

Liked: 18

Quote Originally Posted by F1Jim64 View Post
    The car is still for sale in Austin, TX. Please contact Jim Schings at SR Racing if you want an independent opinion on the car - they built it.
    Thanks
    Jim Stewart
    PM sent

Liked: 2

Default 98 Citation

I'm interested in this car. Is it still available?

So for the record, I bought this car along with another Citation that was posted on this forum. At first, when I compared this car to the other I thought I may have overpaid..no carbon fiber bits, even no Ron Chuck Shock mounts..how did this thing win so many races?? But after replacing the crusty old fuel cell, refurbishing the fuel system, clutch, and all the brakes and hydraulics, it was time for driver’s school at Roebling. What a rocket! The car was instantly comfortable, and I felt like I could push hard from the very first lap. Felt good to pass a FC going into turn 1 even with all it’s fancy aero stuff.. Greg my instructor even complimented the car, especially the motor. I think the scales at Roebling may need some calibration. Says that the car weighed 1117lbs, even though I removed all the ballast and I weigh 180lbs.

Incredible car, and I am thrilled with my purchase!

22. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 32

Quote Originally Posted by housejoe View Post
    So for the record, I bought this car along with another Citation that was posted on this forum. At first, when I compared this car to the other I thought I may have overpaid..no carbon fiber bits, even no Ron Chuck Shock mounts..how did this thing win so many races?? But after replacing the crusty old fuel cell, refurbishing the fuel system, clutch, and all the brakes and hydraulics, it was time for driver’s school at Roebling. What a rocket! The car was instantly comfortable, and I felt like I could push hard from the very first lap. Felt good to pass a FC going into turn 1 even with all it’s fancy aero stuff.. Greg my instructor even complimented the car, especially the motor. I think the scales at Roebling may need some calibration. Says that the car weighed 1117lbs, even though I removed all the ballast and I weigh 180lbs.

Incredible car, and I am thrilled with my purchase!

Glad you are enjoying the citation. FYI those scales are probably pretty close. I am about 165-170 lbs and I probably have 20-25 lbs of ballast in the car.
    Graham Loughead FV #35
    Formula Vee Hall of Fame Founder

Quick follow-up about the scales at Roebling. I just weighed my car at home with me in it with full gear, fuel tank empty and it weighs 992lbs. By this math I too need about 30lbs of ballast. I hope they got the scales at Roebling recalibrated! Or maybe someone was standing on the scale when the guy hit the button..who knows..

25. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by F1Jim64 View Post
    Hey!

Somebody needs to buy this - and go win some races !!!

That snow will be melting soon people !
    Mission accomplished. This car won the AARC race of Champions at Road Atlanta this weekend. FV field was thin, but a W is a W. Car was awesome in the damp on slicks!

27. The following 3 users liked this post:

Glad to see this car continue it's winning ways... drop Jim Schings a note - he built it for his son Greg and they won a lot of races in it.

I told you that motor was no slouch...

@sracing

Mission accomplished. This car won the AARC race of Champions at Road Atlanta this weekend. FV field was thin, but a W is a W. Car was awesome in the damp on slicks!
    Real glad to see the car running again. We were there ARRC) with some FST's. I thought that might be our old car but wasn't sure. (I think we sold it about 20 years ago.) It's won it's first 6+ races in it's first year on the track. (one DQ for being under weight in it's first race.)

Congrats, keep its legend going.

Jim Schings
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

Quote Originally Posted by sracing View Post
    Real glad to see the car running again. We were there ARRC) with some FST's. I thought that might be our old car but wasn't sure. (I think we sold it about 20 years ago.) It's won it's first 6+ races in it's first year on the track. (one DQ for being under weight in it's first race.)

Congrats, keep its legend going.

Jim Schings
    Thanks so much Jim! I have really enjoyed this car. It was only my 3rd time out with it so I am still exploring the limits..I wish I could have had a chance to meet you in person. I looked around the paddock for the FST gang on Friday but I had no idea where they were parked until I was finally able to talk to the guys at impound after the race Sat. I’d like to ask a few questions about the car if you have a few moments to chat sometime. Are the phone numbers given in your signature still valid?

Yes, but use the 7425 number unless you are selling a car warrantee.

Thanks so much Jim! I have really enjoyed this car. It was only my 3rd time out with it so I am still exploring the limits..I wish I could have had a chance to meet you in person. I looked around the paddock for the FST gang on Friday but I had no idea where they were parked until I was finally able to talk to the guys at impound after the race Sat. I’d like to ask a few questions about the car if you have a few moments to chat sometime. Are the phone numbers given in your signature still valid?
    Jim
    859-252-2349 or
    859-339-7425

32. The following members LIKED this post:

BLS

Thread Information