Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Default 2-car PFM team blowout

!!PFM 2-car team "estate sale"!!

Someone is going to get got an amazing deal here ...

SOLD

I will be in contact with those who PM'd me for parts, as the buyer is willing to sell off pieces.

Trailer still available:

2011 ATC 5th wheel (or GN w/ adapter) 34' tapered nose trailer
    - spec'd and bought new by me $37,000, have manufacturer drawings and spec
    - can be pulled w/ short box single wheel truck
    - all aluminum (except for pin)
    - pin includes safety chains for GN conversion
    - tall box (custom spec) can accommodate 2 cars if you design a custom ramp system
    - but not so tall that it becomes hard to pull
    - w/ honda generator in outside compartment
    - custom hour meter installed on generator when new
    - L-track built flush in floor -- way better than E-track
    - custom L-track tie downs for formula cars (single strap, light)
    - custom L-track tie downs for other cars (wheel net, heavy)
    - various L-track rings for securing whatever
    - rubber coin floor -- condition great but it has "shrunk" and isn't edge-to-edge anymore
    - aluminum alloy wheels, including spare
    - Load Range G tires (way overkill)
    - tires are expired (date code 3810) but in perfect shape as they are always covered. i still trust them but they are overdue.
    - trailer battery is dead
    - emergency brake battery is certainly dead
    - generator start battery is certainly dead
    - mileage log since new
    - ALUMINUM N2 bottle secured inside
    - MK brackets installed for scale transport
    - raceramps long enough for a sports racer (extended spoiler).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mousecatcher; 10.27.20 at 8:34 PM.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 142

impressive spares organization racks!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Contributing Member

my space crunch has been alleviated, so I will now separate the package.

You can make offers for 1 car, or 1 car with spares. Either with or without tools.
    After the cars sell I will also sell the tools separately, if a car buyer doesn't take them.

Post has been updated to reflect this.

Liked: 5

May i receive more photos of the 2 cars. fbordeleau@formulegrandprix.com

Phone number where i can reach you.

François Bordeleau 514-924-7555

Contributing Member

@speed sport engineering, your PM box is full.

Liked: 0

Default Parts

Any interest in selling 1 front nose and possibly a rear wing. Please advise. Call me at 760-703-6400 Tom Van Wie

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    !!PFM 2-car team "estate sale"!!

Someone is going to get an amazing deal here ... but you need space for it all. Honestly it would be worth your storage costs to sort through everything and then sell off what you don't need.

2005 PFM Chassis 05592
    - red & white paint
    2006 PFM Chassis 06607
    - mercedes palladium silver paint and 3M "dragonfire red" wrap

Both are 2012 spec and both have Star motors (not SpeedSource).
    Both have square tub (not S-bend). Both have an SCCA logbook. Both have transponders.
    One car has the new 2013 airbox and modified fuel assembly, the other has the older K&N. But there is a new, 2013 style airbox as part of spares package if you want to convert it.

AFAIK, the only meaningful updates since 2012 are:
    - SpeedSource motors
    - new airbox
    - new damper seals (same damper curves though)
    - new suspension laser engraving (on same parts)

One car has 0 mile/0 hour engine. The other is low miles. Both have fresh gearboxes.
    Not sure on all gears, but at least 2 short and 1 tall stacks in new or nearly new condition. Short stacks installed.

Both have brand new oil cooler routing (new design) with BMRS hoses/plumbing, but only 1 has the newer style filter housing.

Carbon diffusers and shock covers. (glass bodywork otherwise)

New style radiator screens (honeycomb instead of chicken wire)

One has a completely new full engine harness.
    I now notice that one has lambda sensor before the muffler, and one post-muffler. I don't know why that is, off-hand.

One has ADL2 fully loaded w/ GPS (also an IR beacon), one has ADL and IR beacon. (and the beacon transmitter is in the package).

Both have older style glass cockpit surrounds, but spares package includes an alcantara wrapped carbon/bead surround.

4 sets wheels total, 2 black and 2 silver. 3 sets new GY slicks, aged but kept in the dark in black stretch wrap so I hope they are fine for run-in testing.

Full set of springs, 400# - 1200#. Not enough for both cars in the full range, but there are 2 full sets for the actually used range.

Custom design/build carbon air block-off plates, quick install/remove. Useful if you don't use a chickenwire screen with the new honeycomb filter.

Installed belts are expired however I have 2 new Willan Silverstone HANS (3/2/3) sets in original unopened box good through 2021.
    Third set new Willans Silverstone HANS set in a ziploc bag, expired 2016. These are 100% certainly still safe as they are new and haven't see UV, but they are expired by the tag.

1 Star tow/lift bar (for gravel extraction lol, but also useful for the A-frame lift)

1 star mazda custom fit car cover -- sorry only have 1 of these

One of the cars is partially (15%?) disassembled. Dampers are removed. I will install dummy shocks to make it a roller but you'll need to complete it yourself. It was completely disassembled and rebuilt, but just short of finished. The partially disassembled car is the better car, tbh.

$45,000 (condition-adjusted pricing) impressive spares package, mostly new, some VG used parts. No junk crash-removal "spare" parts. All spare bodywork is new. That's just what's inventoried. About the only thing lacking for complete at-track rebuild are sidepods and roll hoop.
    $3,000 new rod end inventory (NHBB & Aurora)
    $$$ Extensive PFM-specific fastener inventory, all Holo-Krome USA (for SHCS) and other USA parts (for AN), in sorting kit.
    Complete fastener documentation: location/use/type/size/pitch/length/torque and red/blue/none loctite spec.
    With this documentation, you definitely have every fastener with you at the track.

Complete archive of the old star mazda website -- mostly useful for parts research as the new site sucked donkey for a long time.
    The new site is better now but the archive is still great because it has the "manual" for car operation and lots of useful information, now lost to time and those that lived through it.
    PRIVATE trove of star data, with full package, that you WANT, believe me you want this information. This item alone worth the entire package price.

All the specialty tools you would need for team operation:
    - F&R MK quick jacks. Honestly the front is pointless since these cars don't see pit stops. I've never used it so it is as new. The rear is essential.
    - MK adjustable rolling tall stand. Be careful with this, secure the car to the stand when using.
    - MK a-frame high stands
    - 2 sets MK low stands.
    - MK collapsible A-Frame lift, w/ hoist and harness. ($3000!). custom lithium battery mounted on frame.
    - F&R air lifts (camozzi style, $$$) -- these are the cats meow; only need 90psi so great on shop air, zero footprint and light, super portable.
    - FTR gearbox tools
    - FTR diff setting jig & tools; various new spares (not inventoried)
    - tons of spare tripods, not inventoried
    - craftsman low profile transmission jack -- great for tranny removal
    - custom (my design) precision ride height gauge (PFM specific but could be adapted; drawings included)
    - MK F&R PFM ride height gauges
    - swage tools for those bearings that require it
    - rotary diagnostics ReCT-TRTa compression gauge -- no longer made, equivalent to the Mazda version, *the* go-to tool for determining engine health
    - custom modified MK design alignment toe bars -- huge design improvement
    - custom 3-d printed (by me) camera mount -- for replayXD but could be updated for anything, includes drawings/STL
    - custom aluminum dummy/travel shocks. these are not simple turnbuckles, they are an overdesigned work of art.
    - 2x modified wheel nuts to accommodate spindle-mount camber gauge
    - custom rack bushings to lock rack in center position
    - custom coil pack harness breakout (this connector is VERY hard to source)
    - my design track log, setup and maintenance forms, PFM-specific

General (not PFM-specific) tools:
    - ART ride height gauge (not useful for formula car, but useful in general)
    - MKT5000 Zed (zero deflection -- shear not bend measurement; best of the best) custom scale platform -- (was $11,000, likely $15k now)
    - Scales are wired but I also have a new in box wireless adapter kit ($1800)
    - fixed bridge ramps for PFM and most formula cars (100.5" WB)
    - sliding bridge ramps to use for any other WB
    - longacre spindle mount digital camber gauge
    - Longacre combo pyro/psi gauge
    - various environmental gauges - humidity, air temp, internal tire humidity, IR temp, windspeed
    - various stopwatches, integrated stopwatch/clipboards
    - ultrasonic parts cleaner, tabletop
    - bump steer gauge set
    - longacre turn plates
    - longacre digital spring load tester
    - clipboard cases, boxes, etc
    - fuel jugs

4x mototrbo radios incl. single chargers
    6-bay mototrbo charger w/ battery diagnostics
    multiple crew headsets, very high end custom quick release adapter
    custom driver and car harness breakouts for mic/earplug diagnosis
    radio programming cable (but requires software license)

Anvil flight case setup for Renesis, like new

2011 ATC 5th wheel (or GN w/ adapter) 34' tapered nose trailer
    - spec'd and bought new by me $37,000, have manufacturer drawings and spec
    - can be pulled w/ short box single wheel truck
    - all aluminum (except for pin)
    - pin includes safety chains for GN conversion
    - tall box (custom spec) can accommodate 2 cars if you design a custom ramp system
    - but not so tall that it becomes hard to pull
    - w/ honda generator in outside compartment
    - custom hour meter installed on generator when new
    - L-track built flush in floor -- way better than E-track
    - custom L-track tie downs for formula cars (single strap, light)
    - custom L-track tie downs for other cars (wheel net, heavy)
    - various L-track rings for securing whatever
    - rubber coin floor -- condition great but it has "shrunk" and isn't edge-to-edge anymore
    - aluminum alloy wheels, including spare
    - Load Range G tires (way overkill)
    - tires are expired (date code 3810) but in perfect shape as they are always covered. i still trust them but they are overdue.
    - trailer battery is dead
    - emergency brake battery is certainly dead
    - generator start battery is certainly dead
    - mileage log since new
    - ALUMINUM N2 bottle secured inside
    - MK brackets installed for scale transport
    - raceramps long enough for a sports racer (extended spoiler).
    - 1 MK rolling tire rack (MK quality, not garbage type), only available w/ trailer purchase. Optionally you can also buy a 2nd from me (I have 3 total).

Estimated market value, individual pricing:
    - 2 cars + spares: $150,000
    - PFM-specific tools: $15,000
    - general tools, radios: $25,000
    - ATC trailer: $20,000
    Total value: > $200,000

Package deal price: $75,000, +$10,000 with trailer. Shipping not included!
    Also, will separate into:

cars: 1 or both
    spares: as an entire package
    tools: individually. some of them I am holding in reserve until the cars sell. others I will sell immediately. inquire.

PM me for contact info and we will facetime so you can do a virtual walk-around. I will also send you the parts inventory.
    If you are in norcal you can visit the shop in person.
    All items will be palletized for shipment, crated for $1,000 additional if desired. Other shipping arrangements are possible.
    The scales are particularly awkward as they are physically large and will not fit on a standard pallet. Please buy the trailer to make it easy!

Other equipment (AVAILABLE SEPARATELY), PM for price:
    (new prices in parens, sale prices TBD but will be much much lower)
    Hunter TC3500 tire machine -- 100% rebuilt by me, like new condition ($3500)
    Hunter GSP9200 tire balancer w/ hammerhead overhead light, like new ($7000)
    Dynapack 4000 2WD hub dyno (now known as DAQ4) ($50000) -SOLD
    Flat-ATP-top pit cart w/ tow rope setup ($5000?) -SOLD
    D6000hs german mini lathe ($15000)

These will be reserved for the package buyer first, so any offers will be deferred until package sale completes.

Thread Information