Liked: 341

Default Cost cutting part supply - Your action requested cross post

It should have dawned on me earlier that a number of auto crosser's may be running Kent powered FF cars and could benefit from a proposal to introduce new alternative engine components. Please see the following post and if you are so inclined, write the CRB (instructions in the first post of the linked thread).

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?87221-Cost-cutting-part-supply-Your-action-requested

Thanks!

Eric Little

Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Engine Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Little View Post
    It should have dawned on me earlier that a number of auto crosser's may be running Kent powered FF cars and could benefit from a proposal to introduce new alternative engine components. Please see the following post and if you are so inclined, write the CRB (instructions in the first post of the linked thread).

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?87221-Cost-cutting-part-supply-Your-action-requested

Thanks!

Eric Little

Eric,

As much as all FF Kent runners could benefit from additional parts resources, the last thing that the autocrossing community needs is FF engine build separation between club racing and autocross/solo. The engines must stay the same between the two disciplines to maintain the value of the vehicles. I would not be in favor of any engine components being allowed in autocross and not in club racing.

That said, the real FF Kent community mostly exited SCCA and is racing in various other vintage and formula series. It is in those series that the FF Kent engine suppliers will the sale volume necessary to make this a profitable venture for them. Are there any discussions of this proposal with formula racing sanctioning bodies outside of SCCA?
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Liked: 341

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Godula View Post
    Eric,

As much as all FF Kent runners could benefit from additional parts resources, the last thing that the autocrossing community needs is FF engine build separation between club racing and autocross/solo. The engines must stay the same between the two disciplines to maintain the value of the vehicles. I would not be in favor of any engine components being allowed in autocross and not in club racing.

That said, the real FF Kent community mostly exited SCCA and is racing in various other vintage and formula series. It is in those series that the FF Kent engine suppliers will the sale volume necessary to make this a profitable venture for them. Are there any discussions of this proposal with formula racing sanctioning bodies outside of SCCA?
    I am not a member of any other sanctioning body. So I have no skin in the game to introduce it to those other bodies.

Eric Little

Thread Information