Liked: 34

Default Other FV Manufacturers?

Just curious. I've seen the common manufacturers like Caracal, Lynx, Citation, Protoform, Mysterian and Wormer on the list in the classifieds but some I've never seen. Manufacturers like GAC, WEV, Storm and Tumblebug. They seem to be more current designs using internally-dampened front shocks and other miscellaneous updates. Are these one-off designs? Are they not allowed in U.S. FV competition? Forgive my ignorance of the situation. I was just curious as to why more of those particular manufacturers don't show up.

Liked: 76

Quote Originally Posted by whadeduck View Post
    Just curious. I've seen the common manufacturers like Caracal, Lynx, Citation, Protoform, Mysterian and Wormer on the list in the classifieds but some I've never seen. Manufacturers like GAC, WEV, Storm and Tumblebug. They seem to be more current designs using internally-dampened front shocks and other miscellaneous updates. Are these one-off designs? Are they not allowed in U.S. FV competition? Forgive my ignorance of the situation. I was just curious as to why more of those particular manufacturers don't show up.
    These are mostly manufactures in foreign countries. Over the years FV in many places in the world have developed their own set of rules. Wile some of these cars may be adaptable to US rules they would all need major tweeks to be legal in the US.
    butch deer

I know this is kind of lazy, but do current FV rules allow in-board dampening of the front shocks?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 3

Default Other manufacturers

In short , no . Shocks must retain the original mounting location.
    All the other rules that formula Vee and for the most part f1200 is based on is in the scca GCR’s :

https://www.scca.com/downloads/48322-gcr-january-2020

I know this is kind of lazy, but do current FV rules allow in-board dampening of the front shocks?
    no but in the SCCA formula first allows this and is similar to some of the cars you originally posted . See there forum for mare info.
    butch deer

So if I'm the only FST in the bunch, would they put me in with FV but still be in my own class? FST doesn't seem to be too popular here in Florida.

So if I'm the only FST in the bunch, would they put me in with FV but still be in my own class? FST doesn't seem to be too popular here in Florida.
    You would most likely be in the same race group as FV but run as your own class. Check out Formula first here.
    https://formulafirst.org Leave this forum to the FV group.
    butch deer

My apologies.

My apologies.
    No apology necessary. Just pointing you to the FST group for more info.
    butch deer

Liked: 303

FST is a nice car, but a couple reasons that should not make you choose that route -
    You're in Florida.
    Inboard front shocks are not a reason.

Thread Information