Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Looking for Bob Schneider, Mallock racer

Hi Folks,
    I’m trying to track down Bob Schneider. He owned and raced a Mallock MK12 back in mid 70’s to mid 80’s. Also may have owned a company called The Sports Car Exchange in Detroit area. I have his old car and need to piece together some history
    thanks,
    Neil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0FF84F6-A009-4C5D-95A5-5182F726532D.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	89195  

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 81

Hi Neil,
    Have you contacted Chris DeMinco? He's in upstate NY and has been in touch with many Mallock owners and people who are interested in them. He's on (or created) a Mallock Facebook group.
    Another person would be John Streets, a friend of Arthur Mallock's from the beginning, who currently lives in CA.
    I own a Mk16 and a Mk4 originally owned by Geoffrey Hunt.

Chris

Liked: 141

Neil - try to get hold of Scot Morton who I know was in touch with Robert (Bob) Schneider 3 to 4 years ago. Sports Car Exchange no longer exists - or if it does Bob is no longer involved. Scot currently races a Ralt RT4 C-Sports racer originally built by Bob. He races it with SVRA. He calls it a 2L CanAm car.

I knew Bob 30+ years ago when he owned and ran SCE in Detroit. I got back in touch with him about 7 years ago when I was trying to correct all the misinformation being spewed about the above car. See 10/10ths forum - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...t=80369&page=7 - posts 100 and 101. Scot got in touch with me after that and I know he successfully found and talked to Bob.

Sorry I no longer have any contact for Scot or Bob. Scot lives "out west" - maybe Texas, Arizona, Colorado, California.

Above link is - https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...t=80369&page=7

Liked: 0

Default Robert Schneider / Mallock

You have a PM.

B. Strecker

Liked: 141

Neil - how you getting on with your search for Bob Schneider?

I suggested trying Scot Morton might be able to help you.
    I have just found an old file - my contact with him a few months ago was in Colorado (a few miles from Denver).
    PM me if you would like his tel number.

Liked: 0

Default Mallock Link

Neil, just saw this. Chris B is correct. I'm trying to coordinate all the old Mallock owners and cars.

I started a FB blog around the first of the year that currently has over 220 members.

You may want to take a look at and try a post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/824593237984266/

Good Luck Chris D

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Thanks to all who replied

My search for Bob ended with a call to Barry Strecker, who engineered many of the modifications to the car While Bob owned it and helped me understand some of the history of this particular Mallock. At about the same time, the previous owner's son, Alex Zeller had tracked me down and he is now reunited with it. It's destined for a full resoration back to its original config. A very unique and rare Mallock that hopefully Alex will share some pics during the restoration. Also thanks to Chris who ultimately helped Alex find me and identify his dad's old car
    Neil

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information