Thread: Fm length

Liked: 0

Default Fm length

Can anyone tell me the length with the nose and wing off? Trying to see if one will fit in the trailer I have now. Thanks ,John.

Liked: 32

these are as close as I could measure my standard FM by myself:

this is with the nose & front wings removed:

right at 13 feet 0 inches from the rear wing (end plates extends the farthest) to the front of the battery box/front wing mount. You could save a couple on inches by flattening the rear wing so the end plates were vertical.

you could save about 17 inches if you removed the rear wing. I didn't measure but you could certainly save more by removing the front battery box too if you really had to. Either takes a little work & time, but it depends how much you need the room. Would make loading a lot more work, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do !

John - do you have a car or are planning to get one? If so, Welcome !!! (I have a nice FM for sale - lol) Mel

Liked: 17

I didn't measure, but I hope this helps as I was trailer shopping for my FM earlier this year. Due to my driveway layout I was looking for the smallest possible enclosed. I bought a 7'x12' v-nose (just shy of 14' inside V, 13'8" sticks in my mind for some reason) and my FM fits nicely with the nose off. People are always shocked it fits but I think it's great and I love it. I don't think a smaller standard sized trailer (7x10?) would work, even with the wing off. If you have an open trailer, a 7x10 might work depending on the ramp(s).

Thread Information