Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Default SCCA new PX class ?

Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 553

Seems ridiculous. I can only guess someone with a Daytona Prototype convinced someone in SCCA that they had a lot of friends who would race with SCCA if only there was a class.

Having said that, I would like to see them race with us, but only if they are in the race group with GT-1 cars, not formula cars.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 482

Now you can bring your Porsche 962! Super...

Liked: 111

I almost want to buy a FV just to see what a test day is like with a DP roaring past me

Liked: 482

Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    I almost want to buy a FV just to see what a test day is like with a DP roaring past me
    I ran SVRA at MidOhio last year with a very tired Pinto FC in the Wings and Slicks run group. It included Mansell's 1989 Ferrari F1 car, a 2000s Dallara F1 or F2 car, a Chevy Spice GTP car, and a modern GT40... not fun... but was an interesting way to see that Ferrari!

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 182

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I ran SVRA at MidOhio last year with a very tired Pinto FC in the Wings and Slicks run group. It included Mansell's 1989 Ferrari F1 car, a 2000s Dallara F1 or F2 car, a Chevy Spice GTP car, and a modern GT40... not fun... but was an interesting way to see that Ferrari!
    .....and how many times did you get to see the back of the Ferrari?

Liked: 351

This is an official communication from SCCA Road Racing in Topeka:

• New Formula X (FX) and Prototype X (PX) classes will be created for inclusion in all Regional, Conference Majors and Hoosier Super Tour events.
        • Formula X (FX)
          • New class serving as a place for up and coming or sunsetting spec winged/open-wheel classes to have an entry point.
          • Classes/cars included in FX: FM, F4, USF2000
          • FX should be included in the Winged Open Wheel group. In instances where this is separated into two, it would be with FC, FE2, etc.
          • FX is eligible for the 2020 SCCA Runoffs but is on probation (must have 10 cars to crown a champion).

• Prototype X (PX)
          • New class to provide an entry point into SCCA Road Racing for recent professional Prototype cars, including IMS, Grand-Am, ACO, etc.
          • Classes/cars included in PX: Daytona Prototypes Gen #1-3, Le Mans Prototypes 1-3; Daytona Prototype Int’l Le Mans Prototype Challenge; ASR
          • PX should be included in the Big Bore Closed Wheel group (GT1, etc)
          • While PX participants will race for event trophies and contingency awards at U.S. Majors Events, the class will NOT recognize a Conference Class Champion or a Hoosier Super Tour Points Champion (similar to how GTX treated).
          • PX is NOT eligible for the 2020 SCCA Runoffs.

• Formula Mazda (FM) will be removed as a GCR recognized class and be incorporated into the Formula X (FX) class.

• Formula B (FB) will be removed as a GCR recognized class and the FB spec line will remain classed in Formula Atlantic (FA) only.
      • Formula Enterprises (FE) will no longer a Majors or Runoffs-eligible class. Its status will change to a GCR-recognized Regional Only class. FE cars may run in FE2.
      • Summary of 2020 Hoosier Super Tour/Conference Majors class list:
        • AS, B-Spec, EP, F500, FA, FC, FE2, FF, FP, FV, FX, GT1, GT2, GT3, GTL, GTX, HP, P1, P2, PX, SM, SRF3, STL, STU, T1, T2, T3, T4
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Olivola View Post
    <snip>
    PX should be included in the Big Bore Closed Wheel group (GT1, etc)
    Oh, good.

Thanks, Peter.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information