Liked: 1

Default Help Finding Runoff Winning Sports 2000

I was referred to this forum for help finding my father's (Paul Okean) 1989 Valvoline Runoff winning Swift Sport 2000 chassis. Unfortunately I have very little info beyond that. The car placed second in the Runoffs in 1991 and ran in the Oldsmobile Pro Series in 1992. Thank you for any help.

From the 1992 pro season:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150108289.8WJjXjea.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	89086  

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1112

Best of Luck with your search!

Being who they are and how they've thrived, I can't help but think contacting Swift would be a good place to start -- especially in locating a car they likely benefitted from in PR:
    https://swiftengineering.com/history/

Good Luck!

Liked: 98

Also try this place:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/s2racing

-Greg

Contributing Member
    Liked: 109

Default Social Media and Jim Kelley

There is a S2 Facebook page you may want to try.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/79193391080
    The VDCA Sports 2000 event at Road Atlanta is coming up soon on November 9&10. Lots off track time, free enduro, low entry fee and a dedicated S2 race or two if we get early entries. Lots of track time in a two day format. The VDCA has always supported the S2 group so lets get those entries in early.

And don't forget about Jim Kelley. I think he ran the pro Series.
    https://www.facebook.com/Speed-Unlimited-Racing-255432164500226
    Speed Unlimited Racing, Maple Park, Illinois. 50 likes. I own a prep shop that prepares cars for racing. We do suspension set ups, painting, and tub...

Phone: (630) 365-2656

Liked: 1112

I believe Jim ran the West Coast version, the American City Racing League.

The midwest and original S2000 Pro series was founded and operated by Vicki O'Connor, wife of Bill who raced in F-Atlantic in the tough days of the '70s. I believe she called her company Pro-Motion, and she also orchestrated Pro F-Atlantic in the '80s — and well into the '90s if I'm right.

I was a sign painter then and flown from Denver to Chicago to do graphics on all five CSK Sports S2000 cars in 1985, and three others, and thus befriended Patti Wilson via my old bud Scott Overbey (RIP, Brother).

Patti was Vicki's assistant, so if you want to find Vicki I can ask Patti for you. Your search is a task of numbers, and memories — and perhaps documentation.
    Last edited by E1pix; 12.06.19 at 4:41 PM. Reason: Temporary literary Putzism

Thread Information