Contributing Member
    Liked: 31

Default Another Car transport Question

Looking for the best way to get a ford from Maine to Michigan. Thanks for the input.

Liked: 94

I had good luck with UShip.com when I had to get my FB from San Diego to Denver.

I got several bids, the winning one being an independent driver who had a 24' enclosed trailer, a truck, and a CDL. It wasn't exactly inexpensive, but it was cheaper than if I'd made the round-trip drive myself. The car and a LOT of spares made the journey with no problems.

If you go that route, watch out for brokers and for bids that don't seem to understand they'd be moving a *race car* versus a *street car*. The language they use in their bids will make it obvious if they don't know what they're talking about.

Jeff

Liked: 799

I'll also add that while Uship can be very economical, equally there's NO guarantee on delivery times ....

especially if the pickup and/or drop off locations are well off the main trucker routes.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 3787

3 day road trip...

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    3 day road trip...
    especially with a holiday weekend coming up

Contributing Member
    Liked: 77

Default UShip

I bought an Aprilia scooter that was in Austin. My memory is a bit hazy now but I paid the money in advance and when the truck got to me the guy wanted $600 before he would unload. Long story short a crooked broker figured out the pickup place from info I mistakenly put in uship form and “sold” the load to the unsuspecting trucker.
    Trucker was a nice guy and we worked it out but I lost a couple hundred.
    Be careful
    Hybels

Liked: 34

Default shipping race car

I have shipped two FFs with Enclosed Vehicle Transport (enclosedvehicletransport.com). 888-827-6799
    I spoke with Kevin and he knew about shipping race cars. I was able to ship spares, wheels and body parts with the cars.
    Shipped one from Pittsburgh to SF area and another SF area to Portland area.
    Everything arrived as loaded.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Dave SanF 50 View Post
    I have shipped two FFs with Enclosed Vehicle Transport (enclosedvehicletransport.com). 888-827-6799
    I spoke with Kevin and he knew about shipping race cars. I was able to ship spares, wheels and body parts with the cars.
    Shipped one from Pittsburgh to SF area and another SF area to Portland area.
    Everything arrived as loaded.
    Dave,
    actually I just called Kevin and an FF from Knoxville to Sears Point is $2350. I have not shipped anything in quite a while but that seemed pretty pricey.
    Hybels

Liked: 34

A dollar a mile is fairly normal for an enclosed trailer from what I was able to find. Also, Kevin understood what a formula car is.

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Rates

I have shipped many cars through many carriers. If you get down around $1/mile from someone you get very comfortable will - better take it. Watch Montway - I have had two racecar loads bid and accepted through Montway only to find out after a delay that they can't really find a trucker to take the load for that price and wanted to negotiate a higher price if you really want it in your original time frame estimate. After I hire someone else they mysteriously call and say they have someone that will take the load................
    YMMV
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Liked: 942

Default Bats Motorsports

BATS did well by me and the buyer of my Zink FF.
    https://batsmotorsports.com/

YMMV
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hybels View Post
    Dave,
    actually I just called Kevin and an FF from Knoxville to Sears Point is $2350. I have not shipped anything in quite a while but that seemed pretty pricey.
    That's a bit less than $1/mile, it might seem like quite the expense to get a car from here to there, but when you stop to figure out what it would cost you to do it yourself. . .

Liked: 16

Default Shipper beware

When I sold my car last year, I was not impressed with the shipper the buyer used. I don't know what he paid, but I would use someone that knows it is a race car. The shipper showed up and was all pissed off that it was a racecar that he would have to push on vs. drive on. He was unhappy about the 5 boxes holding spare wheels and spare parts. Not a pleasant experience. I gave the guy an extra $150 out of my pocket so hopefully everything would show up in one piece. Felt like a shake down. I would pay extra to get someone that is experienced with race cars. Hopefully you will get what you pay for. I sold a car many years ago and the buyer used Republic. First Class Experience. My two cents worth.
    Last edited by jhaley; 11.15.19 at 2:37 AM.

Liked: 107

BATS shipped my Swift DB1 from TX to PHX. all good and fair price, very good communication and schedule, and .. no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    BATS did well by me and the buyer of my Zink FF.
    https://batsmotorsports.com/

YMMV
    BT29-24 Swift DB1 Matra M530

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 80

Ditto, BATS got my F1000 from Denver to San Jose with 4 bins, jacks, 3 sets of wheels and a spare nose for $1,200. I could not complain. :-)

-Jake

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

Another plus for BATS - they handled a cross country trade - formula car from CA to RI and another one back. BATS had a great price, although I had to be flexible on schedule a bit. No problem for me, knowing the car and spares were in good hands and handled properly.

Liked: 66

Default Race car transport from Forest Hill, MD to Pasa Robles, CA

This was a very helpful thread.

I'm shipping a race car from Forest Hill, MD to Pasa Robles, CA in June. It is not drive-able and there will be a few parts (not much).

I am contacting Bats and Enclosed Vehicle Transport but thought I'd see if anyone will be making a cross country trip with an empty trailer and is interested in transporting my car. No biggie if not.

Take care and stay well everyone.

Liked: 80

couldn't stay away huh!?

-J

Liked: 66

Hey Jake!

Well, you understand.

Hope all's well my friend!

Thread Information