Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series moving to FRP lineup in 2020

Right Coast Formula F Series moving to Formula Race Promotions lineup in 2020

The Right Coast Formula F Series (RCFFS) and Formula Race Promotions (FRP) are pleased to announce that for the 2020 race season, the Right Coast Series will be organized under the FRP umbrella.

In 2006, Formula Race Promotions started organizing superb single class professional racing events for F2000. Since then, FRP has brought F1600, Formula Atlantic and F1000 racers into the fold to provide high quality single class racing for those looking for a competitive environment and quality track time. Traditional club racing events have tended to feature mixed class race groups, and drivers who desire to compete in single class races have gravitated to FRP with their multiple races each weekend and the camaraderie of open wheel racing

The Right Coast Series is a grassroots effort by Formula F and Club Formula F drivers to come together in significant numbers for single class competition. When the series was first organized in 2014, Formula Race Promotions was the first to offer Right Coast a separate run group during their weekend programs. This partnership has continued for six seasons through 2019 and now for 20202, FRP will take over full organization for the RCFFS program
    Robert Wright of FRP has announced that the RCFFS will continue as a separate run group during FRP race events. RCFFS drivers will continue to be eligible with SCCA competition licenses (pro license not required) with drivers from other organizations also eligible under the SCCA license reciprocal acceptance program.

Car eligibility rules for the RCFFS Formula F/Club Formula F series will continue to use the SCCA Formula F and Club Formula F rule sets. As always, Ford Kent/Cortina or Honda Fit engine are included; slick, treaded or shaved street radial tires are welcome.

This alliance of FRP and Right Coast will continue to provide drivers with the opportunity for high quality, single class racing with multiple races each weekend. It is our hope that all of the drivers who have raced with Right Coast will continue to support the series and that drivers who have not yet taken the opportunity will find the expanded schedule and track selection to be very appealing and will join us.

We will follow up with the full 2020 race schedule in the next day or two.

Joe Marcinski/Bob Wright

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Joe / Bob

Interesting news ... it looks like a look of synergy with this arrangement

Good luck with your 2020 season

Terry

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

I'm looking forward to getting to more RCFF events in 2020, looking forward to the schedule!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 3787

Friday at the social Bob Wright flew in to announce and explain the incorporation of Right Coast into the FRP family.

Mike Rand and Joe Marcinski established a good working framework for great FF racing and Bob and his staff should be well able to carry on with the batton. A continuation of "Racers putting on Races." Single class run groups rock!

I expect one of the first FRP announcements will be that they have added Mark Kingham to the Series staff.

Imagine we can all repeat this fun weekend again at Road Atlanta for its 50th Anniversary on April 10-11, 2020.

And... Low and Behold !!!! Barber Motorsports Park May 15. A fantastic track and facility. And a unbelievable museum.
    A great decision on FRP's part.

Pittsburgh - June 19th. Becoming one of the great US tracks.

Mid-O - July 4th weekend. What could be better?

VIR - July 17. One of the nation's great racks.

Summit Point - August 21. A great little FF track.

Pittsburgh - October 17. After the Runoffs, full fall color, a great track, and an all formula car weekend... whats not to love?

6. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 799

Nice selection of tracks.
    Is the May 15 date at Barber correct?
    That's an HSR weekend, hard to imagine squeezing 12 (or even just 9) half-hour FRP sessions into a typical HSR weekend schedule
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    Nice selection of tracks.
    Is the May 15 date at Barber correct?
    That's an HSR weekend, hard to imagine squeezing 12 (or even just 9) half-hour FRP sessions into a typical HSR weekend schedule
    My understanding was that the RCFF would run at Barber but not the whole FRP series
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    Friday at the social Bob Wright flew in to announce and explain the incorporation of Right Coast into the FRP family.

Did Purple Frog just leak Bob Wright's series schedule? Typically Bob announces it at PRI and then on the F2000 website.

Is that the full, official FRP schedule for 2020? Bob had announced earlier that Watkins Glen would not be included. He hinted at a significant track in a warmer clime as a replacement, but the Barber light bulb did not turn on in my head. That's cool! Two trips to Pitt?

I haven't seen anything on the series website yet.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

I believe Bob is set to announce the official schedule this week or next.
    The projected schedule as discussed at the ARRC had RCFF on for 5 events, but not Barber or VIR. Many of the RCFF racers could run within the F1600 race and would be very welcome.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Uhhhh.... yea, leaked....Its an accurate schedule, but not official until we publish. We're still waiting on permission from a couple of tracks (yes, the tracks have to give us the ok to publically print a schedule). We also have not settled on which groups will run what events within FRP; there are a lot of moving pieces. Stay tuned for our next newsletter which will have the official schedule in it.

Gary, Barber will not be on the RCFFS schedule; there's not enough time on that weekend. As Greg pointed out, RCFFS cars are welcome to run with F1600 there (or any event).

I Think RCFFS is a wonderful addition to FRP and I look forward to some more great racing next year.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    ....Gary, Barber will not be on the RCFFS schedule; there's not enough time on that weekend. As Greg pointed out, RCFFS cars are welcome to run with F1600 there (or any event).

I Think RCFFS is a wonderful addition to FRP and I look forward to some more great racing next year.
    My favorite track so I might try to budget accordingly! Maybe my Zink can finally get out of the garage for that one!
    Garey Guzman

Thread Information