Liked: 74

Default ’95 VD/Honda National Champion, Outside Denver

2017 CM National championship winning VanDiemen, $21,500
    ’95 VanDiemen with Honda power. Formula Continental converted to Formula F in 2012 with a full HPD kit including a new crate engine. The work was completed by myself and Front Range Motorsports. The transaxle was blueprinted and REM treated by TRE, including changing to a 9/31 R&P. This car has been very successful, from top PAX at the Colorado National tour in its first event to David Fauth’s 2017 National championship, with several National Championship trophies as well. It has also been very reliable having never failed to finish an event it started. Included with the car is a very custom enclosed trailer, plenty of spares including a complete engine, almost everything you need to autocross it, lots of tools, springs and sways and other tuning bits, new Fit engine parts left over from the conversion, ‘19 Nats tires and full rains, all the parts needed to convert back to a Road Racer, and plenty of other things I’m sure I’m forgetting. As it sits, the car weighs 935lbs with about 70lbs of ballast (~55lbs removable between runs). It will accommodate a large range of people, from a lady driver to a 6’5” 220+ guy. Here’s an abbreviated list of what’s included.

• Penske 8760 dampers valved by Anze, Hyperco springs and perches, improved rear motion ratio (matches front at .7), aluminum tripod carriers, AP Aluminum Brake Calipers, OZ wheels, Aim Evo4 with CAN bus and GPS and Accels, Mychron dash, New stainless steel tubular shift linkage, pretty good fiberglass and paint, Coast Fab muffler, new fuel cell in 2018 (Eagle)
    • Custom built enclosed trailer, ~750lbs, room for two sets of tires, super easy to tow
    • Spares: Wheel set (2 sets in total), ’19 Nats tires (and another older set), Full tread rain tires(never used), spare used engine (~50k miles), Nose, shock cover, 3 A-Arms, two hubs, Clutch/flywheel/pressure Plate, four brake rotors (2 new, 2 used), Tripod joint and 3 boots, muffler packing, ICP Calipers, etc.
    • Autocross event stuff: Trailers (2, small and large) to carry helmet, air, tools, shoes, etc. Jump battery, tool pouch with tools, Replay Camera and mounts, race shoes if they fit you, tire blankets, tire gauge, etc.
    • Tuning bits: 18 sets of spring, several sway bars
    • Road Race parts: 20+ gears, Fire bottle, 10/31 R&P (used, from FC), mirrors, etc.
    • Tools: Rolling stand (will customize height for new owner), alignment bars, short stands, floor jack with extension, various supports, engine/trans lifting beam, gear change rod, a couple wrenches and sockets (for hub nuts, wheel nuts,etc), engine pulley tool, Solid Shock simulators, etc.
    • Fit conversion extras: Catalytic converter, intake, O2 Sensor, wiring harness, valve cover, etc.
    • Miscellaneous hoses, thermal wraps, Ford input shaft

Located outside Denver, CO
    Please free to ask any questions. PM me and I’ll send you a link to my Fickr account with lots of pictures.

honda196cm@gmail.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Barry Ott; 10.20.19 at 7:15 AM.

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1

From first-hand experience driving this car since it was built for CM, this car is turnkey-ready and capable to win more National Championships with zero changes. You will not find a faster, more competitive, better prepared, and reliable Mod-class car!

Liked: 65

This is an exquisite car, built to a high standard.

While I'm sad to see it move on, it would be a fantastic buy for someone looking to upgrade or move into the class.

Corey

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1112

Gotta love that trailer.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Gotta love that trailer.
    Thanks. It gets a lot of compliments. Usually something like "who built that" or "I didn't know they built trailers for those cars". Much better than my last trailer: "did you build it"

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 295

Looks like a great package. I want the trailer if for no other reason than to look at it!

Default More pics

Here's a couple links to more pics:
    Current pics with spares, etc:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/103624...57711187985007

Current pics, build pics I took for Eric C., etc
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/103624955@N05/

Barry

Liked: 20

I totally don’t need this car since I copied it to build mine but the price has me thinking maybe I need a spare to haul to track and rent it out...

With Honda power these CM cars are as close to Street cars in terms of reliability/ease of use as you can get in a Mod car.

I can’t believe it isn’t sold yet!

13. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 9

Default trailer

Would it be possible to see some additional pic of the trailer, with some from the interior, as I believe it opens up. If the car sells without the trailer, I would be interested in purchasing
    Daid

pm sent with pics

Liked: 1112

David's not the only one interested in the trailer alone. Obviously, though, the guy who buys the car is crazy not to take it.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Hey, I'm fine with selling the trailer, it's $20k and it comes with a free race car!
    ????
    Kidding, thanks for the interest, I'll update this thread when I know...

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Sold, still working through all the details so we're not sure about the trailer yet.
    Thanks Apexspeed!!!

21. The following 6 users liked this post:

Thread Information