Liked: 11

Default Vintage Racing Mechanic/Manager Needed in Los Angeles

I drive a variety of vintage car types: Production / Formula / Sports Racer, so I need someone able to work (or learn how to work) on a wide variety of types of cars.

Scope of Job - key points (that I can remember at least...)

Race prep and ongoing maintenance.

Trackside assistance.

Welding and light fabrication capability.

Understanding and/or experience with suspension fine tuning.

Driving my truck/trailer (w/ race car) to races and car shows.

Driving my truck/trailer (w/ race car) to and from So Cal shops for specialized work.

Stable includes out-of-commision cars that need minor / medium / full restorations. So when the functioning race cars needs have been met (race prep or repairs or maintenance), there are a couple very cool ongoing projects to work on.

Help manage database for each car (race results, maintenance schedules, keeping track work done and consumables.

Ordering parts and equipment for special projects as well as keeping "spares" inventory current.

Recruit - and manage - additional people to work with you when extra hands are needed for special projects/events

.....I am interested in finding someone who could help with all - or some - of the above tasks.

And also not a requirement to for you to be able to do "everything" mechanical regarding the cars – I already have relationships with some local shops to do work on some of the cars. However, I would like someone who would have the goal to want to constantly increase your learning so that you could eventually be able to do a greater amount of specialized work on the cars.

The cars are raced from mid-February to the first week of November. Tracks include Willow Springs, Sonoma, Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas, Thermal.

Current shop space is in Long Beach area.

Car engines include: Porsche 356, Porsche 914/4, BMC-A 1098cc, Formula Ford, Lotus/Ford Twin Cam, Ford 351W, Chevy LS1, Chevy 350.
    Car list includes: '66 Ford Mustang, '73 Porsche 914/4, '73 Lotus Europa, 94 Corvette, Caldwell Formula Ford, Ferrari 308, Titan Formula B, Genie MkIV sports racer

Thanks. Feel Free to send me Private Message if you'd prefer.
    Last edited by EffOne; 10.17.19 at 7:19 AM.

Liked: 2

Feel free to visit my website for all service we provide. Shop is located in Simi Valley Ca.
    www.aandbpde.com
    Our shop rates are structured based on specific projects, or car collection long term maintenance services.
    $48.00-$68.00 per hour.
    All the best.
    Avik Avedisian
    (818)262-7357

Quote Originally Posted by EffOne View Post
    I drive a variety of vintage car types: Production / Formula / Sports Racer, so I need someone able to work (or learn how to work) on a wide variety of types of cars.

Trackside assistance.

Driving my truck/trailer (w/ race car) to and from So Cal shops for specialized work.

Stable includes out-of-commision cars that need minor / medium / full restorations. So when the functioning race cars needs have been met (race prep or repairs or maintenance), there are a couple very cool ongoing projects to work on.

Help manage database for each car (race results, maintenance schedules, keeping track work done and consumables.

Ordering parts and equipment for special projects as well as keeping "spares" inventory current.

Recruit - and manage - additional people to work with you when extra hands are needed for special projects/events

.....I am interested in finding someone who could help with all - or some - of the above tasks.

And also not a requirement to for you to be able to do "everything" mechanical regarding the cars – I already have relationships with some local shops to do work on some of the cars. However, I would like someone who would have the goal to want to constantly increase your learning so that you could eventually be able to do a greater amount of specialized work on the cars.

The cars are raced from mid-February to the first week of November. Tracks include Willow Springs, Sonoma, Laguna Seca, Circuit of the Americas, Thermal.

Car engines include: Porsche 356, Porsche 914/4, BMC-A 1098cc, Formula Ford, Lotus/Ford Twin Cam, Ford 351W, Chevy LS1, Chevy 350.
    Car list includes: '66 Ford Mustang, '73 Porsche 914/4, '73 Lotus Europa, 94 Corvette, Caldwell Formula Ford, Ferrari 308, Titan Formula B, Genie MkIV sports racer

Liked: 11

Changed
    Last edited by EffOne; 12.27.23 at 6:01 PM.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Too bad it's not 2005, with me living somewhere in the LA basin.....

Liked: 41

Sounds like a great job opportunity, too bad you're not in Texas or I'd apply, just don't want to move to California at this point of my life.

Liked: 2

Visit my website for details pertaining to my experience. I provide managerial services based on your specific needs .
    All the best.
    Avik Avedisian
    (805) 859-9374
    andbracing@cs.com

aandbpde.com
    www.aandbracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by EffOne View Post

Trackside assistance.

Liked: 10

Default race car mechanic Formula cars and Can am

Sorry wrong post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CORONADO.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	106031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	road amewr 1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	106032  
    Last edited by Vince1088; 01.27.23 at 6:13 PM. Reason: sorry wrong posting

Thread Information