Liked: 4

Default Like to find my dad's Lola t204

I know it's a long shot, but if it's still around I would like to find the Lola my dad raced in the midwest when his t204 was new. His name is Jim Roberts. He raced Blackhawk Farms a lot as well as other midwest locations. At the time it was blue #75. Had the track record for a while in about 1973 I'd guess. He sold it not long after hitting the wall on corner #4 if that rings a bell with anybody around back then.

Is there any info on it I could provide that would help to possibly locate it?

2. The following members LIKED this post:

dc

It was green when this pic was taken of my parents. He painted it blue after the crash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 482

Default Mazola

Phil Alspach in Columbus Ohio has a Lola T204 (I think) with a Mazda engine he autocrosses. I’ll see if I can find his contact info. Seems the Mazda conversion may have made sense on a wrecked car. Dunno...

I found that it is chassis 99 thanks to Jack Butterworth. I also found an ad for it: http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/lol...42313512ss.html

Does anyone know who it may belong to now?

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 162

Troy, the Race-Cars.com ad says a prior owner of chassis #99 was Jim Click. Mr. Click was pretty high profile, so that may be of value in locating the current owner.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 482

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Phil Alspach in Columbus Ohio has a Lola T204 (I think) with a Mazda engine he autocrosses. I’ll see if I can find his contact info. Seems the Mazda conversion may have made sense on a wrecked car. Dunno...
    Heard back from Phil, obviously it isn't your dad's. Interestingly:

"The Lola is a T-204 1972 formerly raced by Peter Egan (the writer), and his buddy. Haven't autocrossed it for a year, but had it up and running a couple of weeks ago."

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by TroyR View Post
    I found that it is chassis 99 thanks to Jack Butterworth. I also found an ad for it: http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/lol...42313512ss.html

Does anyone know who it may belong to now?
    That car looks very familiar. I think it runs, or for sure has run with VARA. I will try to track down any results that may give an owners name.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmic View Post
    That car looks very familiar. I think it runs, or for sure has run with VARA. I will try to track down any results that may give an owners name.
    Thanks! I put a post on the VARA facebook page yesterday as well. I appreciate anything you can find.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by bobmic View Post
    name on the car in the Race-cars site is Tommy Thompson. I had a CF I ran with VARA for a bit, and was also the points keeper for VARA for awhile in the mid 2000's. That name doesn't ring a bell with me, nor does the car in the orange livery. It's likely it was running with HSR-West during that time.

In any event, if it's still around and semi-active Todd Strong, Kim Madrid or Roland Johnson should know it well.

They are all on here from time to time.

tstrong
    Kim291
    Roland V. Johnson

are their screen names here if you want to send them a PM.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Recently sold car that ran with VARA:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...-Ford-For-Sale
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Banned

I just spoke to Kim on the phone.

There are two brothers running T204's with VARA as of recently, neither has the same paint as the T. Thompson pic . One is extremely clean with a fresh deep blue paint job. That chassis number is unknown as of this moment.

The other brother bought the one Dan Longacre had for sale. Dan had it for many years. It was red, and does not have a chassis tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Recently sold car that ran with VARA:
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...-Ford-For-Sale
    Thanks Garey. I sent an email to the one on the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    I just spoke to Kim on the phone.

There are two brothers running T204's with VARA as of recently, neither has the same paint as the T. Thompson pic . One is extremely clean with a fresh deep blue paint job. That chassis number is unknown as of this moment.

The other brother bought the one Dan Longacre had for sale. Dan had it for many years. It was red, and does not have a chassis tag.
    Thanks. I actually just sent an email to Dan before reading this.

Banned

This is the blue one that ended up racing with VARA fairly recently. Kim has reached out to the brother of the owner, attempting to learn the chassis number.

Attached Images Attached Images

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    This is the blue one that ended up racing with VARA fairly recently. Kim has reached out to the brother of the owner, attempting to learn the chassis number.

Looks like a Elden to me

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by jackbutterworth View Post
    Looks like a Elden to me
    I agree. Would like to know more about this car for the Elden Register.
    Larry
    Larry H
    Santa Fe, NM
    4- Elden MK10

Liked: 125

Quote Originally Posted by lch Racing View Post
    I agree. Would like to know more about this car for the Elden Register.
    Larry
    I believe the Elden is run by Ben and Ethan Kuhl out of California. They recently ran the car at the VARA Buttonwillow event.
    Jacques N. Dresang
    Kettle Moraine Preservation & Restoration
    1977 All American Racers Eagle DGF #005
    1972 Elden Mk10B AM73-49 - #140/1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
    I believe the Elden is run by Ben and Ethan Kuhl out of California. They recently ran the car at the VARA Buttonwillow event.
    Interesting. Obviously I'm not well-versed on identifying vintage FF's. The brothers Ben and Ethan have two separate cars, one entry we found had them both listed at Lola T204's.

Apparently the one that's Dan's old car is a Red Lola T204 w/o a chassis tag. The other is the blue Elden pictured above.

Jim Click was kind enough to respond to an email I sent in to his Ford dealership. He sold chassis 99 to Mark Shoen. Mark restored it and raced it until it appears to have been sold to someone else. Next step is to try and get in touch with Mark Shoen to see if I can find where it went.

27. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information