Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by billtebbutt View Post
    Why don't we just skip to the inevitable conclusion????

Pull the drivers out of the cars permanently. Let them drive by remote, in the comfort of their motorcoaches, via their iPhones.

I'll show myself out now

BT
    Saw some of that happening at Cal Speedway this last weekend. Pretty popular. I don't get it. . . not even when I was a little boy. I'd rather take my lawn mowing money and build some gravity racer out of old bicycle parts and wood rather than spend it on some remote control car.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Hopefully you are correct. However, that piece of debris/spring/wheel/whatever that hits that windscreen is going to be deflected upwards and outwards. How far and how high, we'll see.
    If not being deflected off the screen it will be deflected off the drivers head.....so probably it won't be deflected as high. Looking at odds you see 100% of the debris being deflected off the drivers head vs what chance of it hitting a spectator? ...less than 100% for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
    If not being deflected off the screen it will be deflected off the drivers head.....
    Or deflected off of something/anything that isn't shaped similar to a cow-catcher on the front of an old train which deflects upwards and outwards (where the fans are seated).

Quote Originally Posted by t walgamuth
    Looking at odds you see 100% of the debris being deflected off the drivers head vs what chance of it hitting a spectator? ...less than 100% for sure.
    Certainly, let's pretend that .01% of all debris in a crash ends up on the wrong side of the catch fence. Now, with this chingus on that crap-wagon we get .02% of all debris in a crash up in the stands. We've just doubled the odds of a spectator taking some bit to the unprotected noggin'.

Liked: 310

I know. To protect the spectators, we'll put up netting all the way to the foul poles. Umm...wrong sport?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I know. To protect the spectators, we'll put up netting all the way to the foul poles. Umm...wrong sport?
    Ha ha. I was just going to quote some foul ball stats. Yeah, no thanks, but lets not put a shield in front of the pitcher that will deliver every come-backer right into the family section.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 113

Default Windows

I truly believed that these where the ugliest race car I had ever seen when it was first released. They managed to somehow make it worse.

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information