Liked: 0

Post GCR Formula 1000 (FB) Preparation Rules LINK

Hello
    Is anyone have link for GCR Formula 1000 (FB) Preparation Rules? I'm looking for some detailed rulebook for building Formula 1000 car. I've read GCR General Competition Rules and I noticed, that there is only some really general regulations about every scca racing cars. Is there more details in Preparation Rules, some sketches, detailed regulations, dimensions etc? Is this only detailed rulebook about American F1000?

If you have some link, please paste. I can't find it anywhere in Internet

Best regards!

Liked: 1869

The is only a set of rules that you use as a guide for your design. You can download the latest GCR here:

https://www.scca.com/downloads

Scroll down the page a bit to "Road Racing" to get the latest version.

Within the GCR there is not only the specific rules on each class of cars, but there are also sections that define other rules that you need to abide by. It takes a while to read and understand which rules will apply to your car, so be patient.

Outside of that, you are on your own to decide what to design.

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by Marian View Post
    Hello
    Is anyone have link for GCR Formula 1000 (FB) Preparation Rules? I'm looking for some detailed rulebook for building Formula 1000 car. I've read GCR General Competition Rules and I noticed, that there is only some really general regulations about every scca racing cars. Is there more details in Preparation Rules, some sketches, detailed regulations, dimensions etc? Is this only detailed rulebook about American F1000?

If you have some link, please paste. I can't find it anywhere in Internet

Best regards!

Here: https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules -- General Competition Rules (GCR). Scroll towards the back for Section 9.1.1.G Formula 1000 (FB) Preparation Rules.

Note that the GCR is updated every month.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

It takes a while to read and understand which rules will apply to your car, so be patient.
    Yeah, that would be hard

Scroll towards the back for Section 9.1.1.G Formula 1000 (FB) Preparation Rules
    Oh, I ve got this now! THANK YOU!
    It's on page 278.

question any updates to the GCR now that FB-F1000 is headed for Formula Atlantic?

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    question any updates to the GCR now that FB-F1000 is headed for Formula Atlantic?

The GCR is updated every month. Look in the same place for the latest revision.

Each month's changes are published in the Fastrack online journal (here: https://www.scca.com/pages/fastrack-news), with changes called out by class. Road racing class rule chanegs are in the Road Racing segment of Fastrack.

When (if) F1000 is folded into FA, it will exists as a spec line within the FA rules.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 896

Once FB is fully integrated into FA I expect rules changes.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 49

or come to race F1000 with the NAF1000 group and don't worry about the stupid GCR changes. We use the current 2018 rulebook and ignore all the FA crap. We're getting ore racers joining us and having a ball. No worries about racing a 1450 lb monster which makes its speed in very different ways. Viva F1000, Viva NAF1000.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

9. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 80

Default Fa vs fb

Guys,

Its time to start writing letters to the CRB requesting more power for FB in order to at least attempt to compete with FA. I was told that opening up the ecu and throttle body rule will suffice which is BS.I sent my letter last week in which I supplied data from 3 FRP races this year where we shared the track with the FA cars. The results clearly show FB is on average 6 seconds per lap slower. I suggested built 1000cc engines @ 1000lbs or 1355cc @ 1075 lbs as in P1.

Jeremy Hill

PS FA might not want us but they clearly need us to survive...

Liked: 553

This maybe belongs in a new thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by JEREMY HILL View Post
    <snip> I suggested built 1000cc engines @ 1000lbs or 1355cc @ 1075 lbs as in P1.
    Are you sure you want to open up the engine rules? That will make the class much more expensive, less reliable, and you might lose more people from the class who can't afford HP wars. Just about the best thing about FB (to me) was stock engines.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Russ,

We have a great place to race with the FRP series in the northeast but it would be good to have the option to run Majors and the Run-Offs.

Jeremy

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default Horse power

[QUOTE=JEREMY HILL;590174]Russ,

We have a great place to race with the FRP series in the northeast but it would be good to have the option to run Majors and the Run-Offs.

Jeremy[/QUOTE
    I AGREE WITH JEREMY,
    If we build our 1000 motors to P2 spec we will increase HP to about 190-195 HP with out
    a lot of expense, any more than that you are really pushing the engines to last, I here that you can stretch them to about 201HP
    on some dyno's but that motor is about $10-12K, and they normally don't live long, besides that how much HP does a true FA have
    I have heard 230-300 HP? not sure we can compete at that level.
    BUT not a lot of true FA running anymore due to cost of a TRUE FA so we could qualify for the runoffs but what happens when we get there????
    Jeremy please email me a copy of your request so we are on the same track, doleary@rohrich.com

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by JEREMY HILL View Post
    Russ,

Jeremy
    One of the advertised benefits of the FRP series is that they aren't following the GCR and will be keeping the rules stable. Has that changed? Would you be able to run your built "FA" motor in FRP?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 1397

I think that the real issue is not FA vs F1000 rules in general but a single engine/chassis combination in FA that has seen a very significant HP increase over the last several years.

F1000 is only a few seconds slower that most FAs but not the Swift 016.

I would find FA a very interesting class for a F1000 if I want looking at a field of Swift 014 or similar cars.

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    One of the advertised benefits of the FRP series is that they aren't following the GCR and will be keeping the rules stable. Has that changed? Would you be able to run your built "FA" motor in FRP?
    The rules are staying the same for F1000 in FRP. I am suggesting more power only for FB cars that want to compete at the Majors Level with FA.

Liked: 159

Default built engines in NorthAmF1000

The Plan in NorthAmF1000 is to keep the stock engine rule.

The reasons are many. Mostly to provide a great place to race the cars without having to change anything.....and to keep cost under control.

The plan seems to be working. We had five new drivers enter the series this year......and dozens of request for information.

We do consult with our drivers over the winter to see what they would like to see for the next year..

That processs is just beginning so contact me with any ideas you may have.

Jerry Hodges
    NorthAMF1000
    636-399-7060[
    hodges3423@hotmail.com

QUOTE=Mike B;590180]One of the advertised benefits of the FRP series is that they aren't following the GCR and will be keeping the rules stable. Has that changed? Would you be able to run your built "FA" motor in FRP?[/QUOTE]

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post

We do consult with our drivers over the winter to see what they would like to see for the next year..
    Man, that's just lunacy! What a foreign concept.

23. The following members LIKED this post:

No horse in this race, but I would caution folks to think long and hard before creating divergent F1000 rulesets for SCCA and NAF1000.

Another poster in this thread or the other one used the expression 'eating its young'. Taking an already weak class, and subdividing it does not seem a recipe to help it thrive.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

25. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default F1000 in FA

Most FAs are not being driven to their potential at SCCA club events.

Therefore, it is possible to compete with them in a properly prepared and driven F1000. But if Flynn, Dario, or the Grants show up you will be toast.

Even an 014/toyota......or an older Ralt Rt40/41......properly prepared and driven to its limit,....will be several seconds faster than a top F1000.

A short lived, built engine with 200 hp will still not make up for the tunnels, bigger wings, bigger tires, bigger brakes,, and 250 to 300 hp (depending on which engine is in the FA).

If you are east of the Rockies, it makes no sense to spend a lot of money trying, when there is a great place to race an F1000 as it was intended to be run..

I do sympathize with those out west.. Your options are limited. You can run with FA or FS .....but a better option would be to create your own series (within scca weekends....regional or majors). Yes, you will be classified as FA (or maybe FS if you go the regional route)......but you can have your own separate trophies, podiums, and championship. That is what NorthAmF1000 did our first two years.....and it worked.

Why no one has made that happen out west is baffling to me.

Jerry Hodges

Quote Originally Posted by S Lathrop View Post
    I think that the real issue is not FA vs F1000 rules in general but a single engine/chassis combination in FA that has seen a very significant HP increase over the last several years.

F1000 is only a few seconds slower that most FAs but not the Swift 016.

I would find FA a very interesting class for a F1000 if I want looking at a field of Swift 014 or similar cars.

Default correct

You are absolutely right John.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    No horse in this race, but I would caution folks to think long and hard before creating divergent F1000 rulesets for SCCA and NAF1000.

Another poster in this thread or the other one used the expression 'eating its young'. Taking an already weak class, and subdividing it does not seem a recipe to help it thrive.

Liked: 896

I hate hate hate to say this but imo SCCA open wheel racing is in serious trouble!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

29. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    Most FAs are not being driven to their potential at SCCA club events.

Therefore, it is possible to compete with them in a properly prepared and driven F1000. But if Flynn, Dario, or the Grants show up you will be toast.

Even an 014/toyota......or an older Ralt Rt40/41......properly prepared and driven to its limit,....will be several seconds faster than a top F1000.

A short lived, built engine with 200 hp will still not make up for the tunnels, bigger wings, bigger tires, bigger brakes,, and 250 to 300 hp (depending on which engine is in the FA).

If you are east of the Rockies, it makes no sense to spend a lot of money trying, when there is a great place to race an F1000 as it was intended to be run..

I do sympathize with those out west.. Your options are limited. You can run with FA or FS .....but a better option would be to create your own series (within scca weekends....regional or majors). Yes, you will be classified as FA (or maybe FS if you go the regional route)......but you can have your own separate trophies, podiums, and championship. That is what NorthAmF1000 did our first two years.....and it worked.

Why no one has made that happen out west is baffling to me.

Jerry Hodges

It's already been done. At one time we could put together a 10-15 car field. Today I doubt we could get 2. And that's supposing one of those 2 is me.

That series morphed into a national series that had great beginnings but unfortunately came crashing down hard after it got corrupted by power hungry greed.

If I were you I'd take that as a cautionary tale. I would hate to see history repeat itself.
    Firman F1000

Thread Information