Liked: 226

Default FF50th @ Road America: Allan Craighead Memorial Plaques

We lost Allan Craighead, the Canadian motorsports journalist, to cancer in the ten years since the FF40th. Al was a great fan of club racing and Formula Ford in particular. In Al’s memory, his colleague and friend, Rob Howden, has provided plaques to be presented to the top Canadian finisher in each of the three FF50th feature races.

Rob is unable to attend the FF50th. Ontario Formula Ford racers Bill Tebbutt and Steve Bodrug will be making the presentations.

Steve Beeler – de facto FF50th Chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    https://www.stevebeeler.com/
    (734)560-6031
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 1108

Knowing Rob a little from karting, his doing this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Well Done.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

I’m applying for Canadian citizenship tomorrow. I’ve got the name and more than a few Canuck relatives. Nice job Rob.

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 20

Quote Originally Posted by steve_beeler View Post
    We lost Allan Craighead, the Canadian motorsports journalist, to cancer in the ten years since the FF40th. Al was a great fan of club racing and Formula Ford in particular. In Al’s memory, his colleague and friend, Rob Howden, has provided plaques to be presented to the top Canadian finisher in each of the three FF50th feature races.

Rob is unable to attend the FF50th. Ontario Formula Ford racers Bill Tebbutt and Steve Bodrug will be making the presentations.

Steve Beeler – de facto FF50th Chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com Very classy Rob! Well done!!!
    https://www.stevebeeler.com/
    (734)560-6031

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 12

I want to thank Steve Beeler for coming up with this idea, which I wholeheartedly support. Al absolutely loved Formula Ford racing, and piloted his own Lola 540T in the Canadian scene on occasion. One of our road trip games was seeing who do out-do the other in naming Formula Ford chassis - we often brought Steve Nickless' book along for reference. He was so dedicated to open wheel racing and was obviously my right-hand man with FormulaCar Magazine and eFormulaCarNews.com. We lost a great man and an incredible supporter of the sport and community with Al passed, and it's an honor to be able to contribute to the 50th anniversary event in his name.

I was initially planning to come to announce the 50th, like I did the 40th, but a full-season commitment with a karting series presented the conflict. I want to wish everyone the best of luck and I hope you all enjoy this unique event.

Long live FF!!!
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

8. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 229

We pay tribute to our great friend and huge FF fan Al every year with the AC Memorial Can Am Cup. Had the great pleasure of winning it twice with Jesse Lazare and again with Zach Robichon in our Piper's. It is a big event for us who knew Al and it was our pleasure to honor him in his final year at the track with some obvious dedications to him. Thanks Steve and Rob for making this a target for the Canadian visitors. Sh#T just got real! LOL

Brian.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information