Thread: p1 /p2 rules

Liked: 1

Default p1 /p2 rules

im not a member of the scca is there a location to download the rule book for the prototype classes. thanks sam

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 904

Quote Originally Posted by samiam1017 View Post
    im not a member of the scca is there a location to download the rule book for the prototype classes. thanks sam

Here: https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules -- General Competition Rules (GCR). Scroll towards the back for Section 9.1.8. Sports Racing Category Classes for P1/P2 rules.

Note that the GCR is updated every month.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Here: https://www.scca.com/pages/cars-and-rules -- General Competition Rules (GCR). Scroll towards the back for Section 9.1.8. Sports Racing Category Classes for P1/P2 rules.

Note that the GCR is updated every month.

thanks john

i dont know if im missing something but whats the differnce between the two classes
    p1allows electronic paddle shifing
    p1 allows carbon bodys
    and the under tray flat for p2 cars????
    otherwise they are the same?
    thanks

Banned
    Liked: 1116

i dont know if im missing something but whats the differnce between the two classes
    p1allows electronic paddle shifing
    p1 allows carbon bodys
    and the under tray flat for p2 cars????
    otherwise they are the same?
    thanks
    Nope, take a look at the engine tables and rules as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Nope, take a look at the engine tables and rules as well.
    ok ill have to look again i thought they listed the same engines in both ( specificly k20 i would be interested in)
    thanks for quick reply

Banned
    Liked: 1116

ok ill have to look again i thought they listed the same engines in both ( specificly k20 i would be interested in)
    thanks for quick reply
    While many of the same engines are listed in both tables, the level of mods allowed on some of them are vastly different. As to the K20; in P1 you are running stock intake and throttle body at 1400#, in P2 you are running a 55mm restrictor and racing at 1500#.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 92

I believe also in P1 brake rotor material is open. I hear that the top guys are using carbon rotors =$$$$$
    P2 it must be ferrous.

Liked: 5

I can share my limit knowledge as it relates to the motorcycle engine powered cars. Specifically I've run Hayabusa powered Stohr WF1s in both P1 and P2, I believe the busa powered Stohr was considered the benchmark for P1 at one point in time.

Prototype 1
    Built motors are allowed and most competitive cars are running 1440 to 1600cc
    Brakes- are open, several cars run carbon brakes, or high end systems like Brembo
    Paddle shifter systems are allowed
    Considerably more Aero- large rear wing and tunnels

Prototype 2
    Stock motors: Hayabusa/1340cc or 1L depending on spec line
    Modified motors allow in the 1L spec line, add weighted and motor restriction
    Brakes- steel rotors (only) and 2 piece calipers
    No Paddle shifter systems, assisted shifting is allowed (flat shifter and auto blip on down-shifts)
    Aero- smaller rear wing and no tunnels

Additionally the P2 Stohr has smaller inlet restrictors on the motor, and carries more weight (ballast)

At Road America lap times between the 2 spec lines: P1 Stohr is capable of 2:02 to 2:05, a P2 Stohr is capable of 2:10 to 2:13, obviously it's driver and weather dependent.
    Last edited by TJR Motorsports; 08.08.20 at 5:35 PM.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information