Liked: 7

For Sale 1984 Formula Super Vee Zink Z20

This was Dave Manzolini's (Depac Dave) Super Vee, I bought it from him about 6 years ago with the intention of driving it, but life gets in the way and i never did. I have the Blueprints of the entire car and fuel cell/blatter from Mr. Zink. The drawings show a date of 1983, but i think it was first raced in 1984??, It competed in the Pro Bosch Super Vee Series as well as some SCCA events. It comes with a complete Spare engine just rebuilt a couple years ago by Dave and never fired up, both engines are 1.6ltr, SCCA Log books, a bunch of spare engine parts, radiator, and some sheet metal. It has 4 new brake calipers. a spare set of shocks. New nose cone, Nose cone mold, bunch of wheels, original set or rain tires and slicks, now it has a relatively new set of Avons. Original set of side skirts with uhmw bottom skids, box of springs, 2 extra oil pans, tons of engine stuff, spare front wing. I know i'm forgetting stuff.
    I added a Pi System 2 to the car. The last time it was driven was at Watkins Glen a few years ago around the pits, when I brought it to the Vintage weekend. Last time it was raced was in the 90's Dave did a few autocrosses with it.
    Dave told me several stories about the car, honestly i thought he was BS'ing me, but when i had the car at Watkins Glen, three different people came up to me and told me the same stories.
    Dave said this car makes 1,000lbs to 1,500lbs of downforce at 100mph.
    He said it's due to the design of the tunnels/ground effects. He told me how the Ralts would be braking for turns and he did not have to. I think one of his goals in racing was just to beat as many Ralts as he could...
    It comes with an enclosed trailer, 7x18 V nose, extra tall ceiling.
    The car is in the trailer right now, I'm moving and don't have anywhere to put it.
    Now the car is cleaner than the pictures, These are the pictures i took when i first got the car, but there is still some corrosion on some of the main roll hoop and other metal parts, nothing a little elbow grease won't wipe off though.
    I also have the secret to success with Dave's very interesting Fuel Injection system. I have videos of it idling, it produces the finest cloud of fuel i have ever seen. Dave says this is what gave him 10% more torque than any other set of carbs or fuel injection. These secrets will only be shared with the new owner. I have to say His innovation is definitely different than anything i have ever seen, and i believe this is still a competitive advantage over what is available today.
    I will say that Dave told me this motor makes 198HP, and he shifted at 9800RPM.
    I'd like to keep all of this stuff together, so right now I'm not interested in parting anything out.

Here is my Google Photos link
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/JkLK4pUWMyPibzWN7

$13k with trailer and spares.
    Located in Syracuse NY 13078
    I can help with delivery, if you can help me with gas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by herffstyle; 05.25.20 at 2:50 PM. Reason: added spare parts, and lots of info.

2. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 553

I remember this car. This was Dave's second collaboration with Zink/Lathrop (I owned his first, a Zink 14C).

Dave was a very smart guy and good driver. He was hoping/planning to give the Ralts and Ansons a run for their money in the pro series with this car but his Depac company was really growing and keeping him super busy.

I'm glad to see pictures of it again after all these years. My strongest memories were of the lower sidepod heights to reduce drag. Must've worked because he was very fast at Pocono's high speed track.

If I didn't already own a race car I'd be very tempted with this one. GLWS.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1108

Great car. Just spoke with a friend from Mansfield that ran his Crossle against this car in early-'80s FC (Club version S/V).

Tempting for me, too… especially with next year being the 50th reunion year!

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Bump TTT

$13k with trailer and spares.

Liked: 2

Default Depac car

Any interest in a trade for a few midget, fresh injected 140 rebuilt last summer by sleepy Tripp.

Liked: 2

Default Depac

Spell check got the best of me, that's a VW powered midget. Engine rebuilt by the late John Martin last summer at grant king racing in Indy. Car was originally built for sleepy Tripp. Head history. I'm originally from the Syracuse area now living in Indy. I knew Dave as well as Bob featherly , Rob hart who he drove for in the sprintcars with me back a few years. Been wanting to get involved with road racing . I'm one who figures it never hurts to ask. Thanks Tom Bliss

Hey Tom, thank you very much for the inquiry, but i'm really looking to sell the car.

Liked: 0

Default Still available?

Is this still available?

Default 1984 Formula Super Vee Zink Z20

Yes it is available
    stevegressel@gmail.com

Liked: 4

Default super vee

good evening, i am very intersted in your car and would like to look at it this week if possible. please give me a call at 585-208-9392 thank you, Scott

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default wicked...

cool

Default Sold

the car has been sold

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Default intermediate shaft

HELOO EVERYBODY, I AM LOOKING FOR A VW 1.6 INTERMEDIATE SHAFT WITH SCROLL GEARS, ANYONE HAVE or KNOWS WHO MAY HAVE IT......

Quote Originally Posted by herffstyle View Post
    Yes it is available
    stevegressel@gmail.com
    Hello Steve, I do know it is an old post but have had you sell all the parts to the new owner? It is possible to get his info I am looking for a lot of those parts for my project, thxs a lot Nelson...

Thread Information