Liked: 123

Default Indianapolis- Thank You!!!

Just getting home to Phoenix after participating in the Brickyard Invitational this past weekend.
    I would like the thank the SVRA for putting on another stellar event, as well as all of the fine “gentlemen” drivers in the Formula Ford class, who used their heads to maintain a professional level of safety. A special thanks to Robert Detrick for providing one of the most enjoyable on-track duals I’ve ever been involved in!! Bob is a true gentleman.
    To the few real cowboys on the track, and you KNOW who you are, remember... Karma is a b**ch... Lol!!

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 322

Agreed, great racing and great friends! SVRA puts on a great event - thank you!
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Liked: 1112

Nothing wrong with topping the podium, John. Thanks for helping put Arizona on the FF map.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Top 50% FF anniversary race CF podium.
    1st Treadway
    2nd Tim Gafney
    3rd Bob (Helipilot) Detrick
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 123

Nice job!!

Liked: 111

Quote Originally Posted by captdigi View Post
    Just getting home to Phoenix after participating in the Brickyard Invitational this past weekend.
    I would like the thank the SVRA for putting on another stellar event, as well as all of the fine “gentlemen” drivers in the Formula Ford class, who used their heads to maintain a professional level of safety. A special thanks to Robert Detrick for providing one of the most enjoyable on-track duals I’ve ever been involved in!! Bob is a true gentleman.
    To the few real cowboys on the track, and you KNOW who you are, remember... Karma is a b**ch... Lol!!
    John, Thank you! After meeting you on the grid walk, having a great talk and getting to know you, then having a fantastic race on track, multiple passes, very close racing and nothing but clean, aggressive moves, I must say, your right, it was one of the best on track duels I have been apart of as well.. It is a pleasure to race against a "gentlemen" like yourself. It is great be able to trust your competitor with fairness and close racing.
    John DiGiovanni,Thank you for the fantastic clean racing, it was a Blast!

As for the results, SVRA put on a great show this weekend. They made some mistakes I'm sure, but in the End their plan seemed to work itself out and a great 50th FF Reunion race was run with only one full course caution. For me, well, I got to race at Indy, enjoy a great weekend with some real great friends and meet some new ones, and surprisingly found myself on the podium in Club Ford. Check one off the bucket list. I guess four years of restoring the old girl was worth it.

If anyone has any video of the start, I would love to see it. Also any pics of the race would be nice, my family had to leave Saturday so they missed the fun.

Cheers,
    Robert Detrick
    CF #4

""If you don't come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, your not trying hard enough"" -Mario Andretti

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Have to agree, SVRA put on one hellava event. They really went above and beyond to accommodate the FF guys. Yea there was a couple of hick ups but they worked through it. A definite bucket list item checked off and to be on the podium was unreal. Congrats to Mike Pence for being on the top step. I ended up being there through just being at the right place at the right time but will take it. Great bunch of guys to run with, a couple that you have to watch out for but overall just an absolute blast. Thanks SVRA.
    Graham

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information