Liked: 79

Default Can’t get upright and hub apart

Not the first time I have done this on a street or race car, but I cannot get the front upright separated from the hub or the lower arm. Propane heat, LPS, and pullers. I am concerned and I’m going to break something. Any tips before I do?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 160

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Coury View Post
    Not the first time I have done this on a street or race car, but I cannot get the front upright separated from the hub or the lower arm. Propane heat, LPS, and pullers. I am concerned and I’m going to break something. Any tips before I do?

Thanks,
    Bob

It looks to me like you have the puller center on the stub axle, and then pulling against the hub. On these hubs the stub axle is screwed in from the back, so a traditional puller won't work. Kevin at Comprent makes a nice Vandiemen hub removal tool. Others likely do too.

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I am glad I have a Citation. They just come right off with very minor persuasion.

Thread Information