Liked: 2

Default Couple questions

Hey all,

I have a couple questions regarding the series, I sent them to the website, but who knows where that box goes.

1) What are race entry fees like? Higher than SCCA? much higher? Lower? I might be doing one race and with the championship entry fee I'm trying to account for all costs.
    2) I have been told that the series is sanctioned by SCCA Pro Series and thus "counts" towards my license renewal. I don't see this on the website anywhere and I just want to confirm.

Thanks, Ryan

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 356

Entry fees are $500 per event, which is higher or lower than normal SCCA events, depending which you compare to. However, track time is at least 2.5hrs+. When you break it down, it is literally half the price per minute on track to run Challenge Cup. Much better value here.
    I can't remember what the Championship entry deal is for one-off races, as we were looking at several options. You will have to wait for an official to answer that one.

And yes, our SCCA Pro sanction counts. Most of us only run Challenge Cup now, and we are covered with SCCA licenses.

If you have Facebook, join & follow there too... It tends to be a quicker answer.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/155486181454972/
    https://www.facebook.com/ChallengeCupSeries/
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Thanks Matt, I just joined the FB group. Good info.

Ryan

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 100

Ryan
    If you want to run one race to try the series we charge $50 but if you end up joining for the year we put that towards your membership which is $150 for the year.
    As for licensing that is correct we are sanctioned and races count towards your yearly renewal

Quote Originally Posted by RSR427 View Post
    Hey all,

I have a couple questions regarding the series, I sent them to the website, but who knows where that box goes.

1) What are race entry fees like? Higher than SCCA? much higher? Lower? I might be doing one race and with the championship entry fee I'm trying to account for all costs.
    2) I have been told that the series is sanctioned by SCCA Pro Series and thus "counts" towards my license renewal. I don't see this on the website anywhere and I just want to confirm.

Thanks, Ryan
    DERM

Sorry for the delayed response, but this is great. I should be there in New Jersey, I'm looking forward to it. I may do the paperwork in advance just to make my morning smoother since I'll have to get my gear tech'd and get fitted for the car. I may find you guys after the first practice to introduce myself, maybe before if I have time.

Thanks, Ryan

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Glad to hear you are gonna make an event with us.

It sounds like you aren't going to get there until Friday morning then? Either way, we can help with anything you need, whenever you need it.

You mean Saturday morning, the first day of activity? I will be driving down Friday so I'd be there at night if they do night registration and check in.

Yes... Saturday, sorry. So used to things being a 3 day weekend with us. lol

But yea, we do registration + tech pretty much anytime the right people are there.

Thread Information