Liked: 0

Post F1000 cars dimensions or blueprints

Hello
    My name is Marian, I'm from Poland. I'm writing my thesis and I'm going to design suspension for F1000 car. What I need is some crucial dimensions of car for comparison, e.g. wheelbase, front and rear track width. Now I've got dimension only from SCCA and CAMS regulation and from JJ Ludemann project (it's awesome! ). I searched forum, but i didn't found any other stuff. My questions:

1. Do you know where can I get dimensions or blueprints of main F1000 cars, like Stohr or RFR or maybe other cars?
    2. I'm also looking for location of center of gravity for these cars, as above.

I think this data would be useful too for homemade F1000 builders
    Best regards!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 113

Default F 1000 build

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ght=1000+build

There is some amazing data here. Good luck with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by marchsv View Post
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ght=1000+build

There is some amazing data here. Good luck with your project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marian View Post
    Now I've got dimension only from SCCA and CAMS regulation and from JJ Ludemann project

I've already read that topic...

Liked: 1397

SCCA has a maximum width of 72 inches (double check that in the rule book). I use a wheel base from 100 to 106 inches. That depends on what I want the weight distribution to be.

Maximum width is measured outside edges of the tires at the center of the tire.

The first step in designing the suspension is to choose the tires you will use and then develop all the other dimensions from that decision. I checked with Hoosier tire company when I set out to design my F1000 and they recommended the F2000 tires but on rims that are 1 inch wider. That is 7 inch front and 9 inches rear. The SCCA rules allow 8 and 10 inch wheels but the F2000 tires will not work on rime that wide.

The problem with the tires for 8 and 10 rims, is that they are designed for cars close to double the weight of a F1000.

Quote Originally Posted by S Lathrop View Post
    SCCA has a maximum width of 72 inches (double check that in the rule book). I use a wheel base from 100 to 106 inches. That depends on what I want the weight distribution to be.

The first step in designing the suspension is to choose the tires you will use and then develop all the other dimensions from that decision. I checked with Hoosier tire company when I set out to design my F1000 and they recommended the F2000 tires but on rims that are 1 inch wider. That is 7 inch front and 9 inches rear. The SCCA rules allow 8 and 10 inch wheels but the F2000 tires will not work on rime that wide.

The problem with the tires for 8 and 10 rims, is that they are designed for cars close to double the weight of a F1000.
    Yeah, cool, thank you. But it's not, what I asked for.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by S Lathrop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Marian View Post
    Yeah, cool, thank you. But it's not, what I asked for.
    Looks like Lathrop answered your questions about wheelbase and track. Perhaps you can explain what you need that can't be calculated from his reply?

Actual blueprints are propietary and not likely to be given away. There are several F1000 manufactuers on this forum but they aren't going to give away their designs and really shouldn't be expected to.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 1868

Sorry to have to say this, but the reality of a competitive design business like this is that very few designers will give away much of anything on their designs, except of stuff that is generally known to the racing public.
    Last edited by R. Pare; 07.15.19 at 4:43 PM.

Thread Information