Thread: FV simulators

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default FV simulators

Hi,

Wondering what you all use for racing sims that can replicate FV / vintage feel on real US club/national tracks? Years ago someone built an FV mod for the original RFactor simulator but I'm sure that is long gone now.

Also, if you have a picture of your setup I'd love to see it for my build.

Thanks,
    Rich

Liked: 0

Default Rf2

RFactor 2 and Automobilista (for PC) both have the FV.

-Alex

Liked: 99

The vintage FV is still available for rFactor 1. I like to drive it around a simulated version of my local track, High Plains.

Classifieds Super License Matt Clark's Avatar
    Liked: 356

honestly, I have not found any sim equivalents that are a "must have" yet, and I have tried almost all of them. even the rF1 Vintage Vee mod was pretty bland to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aconger23 View Post
    RFactor 2 and Automobilista (for PC) both have the FV.

-Alex
    they have the Brazilian FVs... which are quite a bit different, but at least FV. better than nothing.
    ~Matt Clark | RTJ-02 FV #92 | My YouTube Onboard Videos (helmet cam)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Thanks!

Thanks very much for your thoughts on this. I've loaded up RFactor (1) but the old RFactor Central site seems to be abandoned & fairly broken. I can't find the FV or VFV mods to download. If you all know of a mirror site or wouldn't mind emailing me the mod files please let me know.

I am updating my video card so that I can give RF2 a try too...

Thanks in advance,
    Rich

Liked: 2

I stand by the Brazilian Vees in Automobilista. The sound is spot on. I find the AMS product to be a better value than rF2. rF2 just seems like so much potential that was squandered.

Liked: 99

Quote Originally Posted by RSR427 View Post
    I stand by the Brazilian Vees in Automobilista. The sound is spot on. I find the AMS product to be a better value than rF2. rF2 just seems like so much potential that was squandered.
    The Brazilian Vees in Automobilista have been released by Reiza Studios as add-ons for rF2. (Reiza Studios made Automobilista, which in turn uses the rFactor 1 engine under the hood.) Had a chance to play them in rF2 yet?

Thread Information