Liked: 0

Default Off the shelf GSXR header sources?

I have a custom built autocross (VD RF84 front, sports racer rear with lots of downforce) car running a GSXR motor. This weekend one of my header primary tubes cracked and split. I have no idea on the origins of the header as it was on the car when I bought it. Previous owner/builder says he doesn't know either as it was on the engine when he bought it.

I'm going to see if I can get it welded, but I'm not very optimistic given the extent of the cracks (and it's ceramic coated). Does anyone have any suggestions on affordable sources for headers (or custom tubing that could re-make the cracked primary tube)?

It is a right side discharge with 1.375" ID tubing primaries, 4-2-1 slip-on collector with an integral 45 degree bend incorporated into the exit of the collector. Sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for any information
    Kenton

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default header

Quote Originally Posted by autox_vette View Post
    I have a custom built autocross (VD RF84 front, sports racer rear with lots of downforce) car running a GSXR motor. This weekend one of my header primary tubes cracked and split. I have no idea on the origins of the header as it was on the car when I bought it. Previous owner/builder says he doesn't know either as it was on the engine when he bought it.

I'm going to see if I can get it welded, but I'm not very optimistic given the extent of the cracks (and it's ceramic coated). Does anyone have any suggestions on affordable sources for headers (or custom tubing that could re-make the cracked primary tube)?

It is a right side discharge with 1.375" ID tubing primaries, 4-2-1 slip-on collector with an integral 45 degree bend incorporated into the exit of the collector. Sound familiar to anyone?

Kenton
    HI Kenton
    I have a spare racing header assembly for sale off of my DSR, it is SS what year engine are you running in the car, this header is
    for a 2017-2018 GSXR 1000
    email me for pictures if your engine is a 2007-2008 doleary@rohrich.com

Liked: 3

Default Source for header tubing

Here's a great source for header tubing and components. They do custom fabrications also.
    http://www.spdexhaust.com

Quote Originally Posted by david oleary View Post
    HI Kenton
    I have a spare racing header assembly for sale off of my DSR, it is SS what year engine are you running in the car, this header is
    for a 2017-2018 GSXR 1000
    email me for pictures if your engine is a 2007-2008 doleary@rohrich.com
    Thanks for the info. My engine is an '05.

Liked: 309

Kenton, the GSXRs up through 2006 use one size exhaust flange, while 2007-later use the next larger size, so you can't just swap a later header onto your engine.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    Kenton, the GSXRs up through 2006 use one size exhaust flange, while 2007-later use the next larger size, so you can't just swap a later header onto your engine.
    OK. Thanks for the info. I figured it would be different.

Liked: 279

Kenton
    These guys may have something:

https://brocksperformance.com/brocks-exhaust-systems/ultra-light-stainless-full-systems/suzuki/hayabusa/4-2-1-sidewinder/

I have their headers on my Kawi powered FB and they were aperfect fit for the car
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

Quote Originally Posted by jchracer View Post
    These guys may have something:

https://brocksperformance.com/brocks-exhaust-systems/ultra-light-stainless-full-systems/suzuki/hayabusa/4-2-1-sidewinder/

I have their headers on my Kawi powered FB and they were aperfect fit for the car
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Kenton
    You're probably losing Hp with those small primaries. All the systems I've built (and mostly for GSXR) use 1.5" primaries, and then step up to 1.625 before they get to the first pair of collectors. That configuration has been on the dyno and produced good results. And won races.

Thread Information