Liked: 28

Default AIM EVO4 Not Downloading Full Data Set

My EVO4 started having a problem 2 weeks ago with only downloading part of a run. The logger said there was 17 laps, but only get about 7-8 on the down load. I thought ,maybe a full memory would cause issue, so I cleared the memory but the problem persist this week. Anybody seen this issues and have any possible solutions?

Liked: 106

Are you sure it's counting laps correctly?

Ie. you may have 7-8 "double" laps instead of 14-15 regular ones.

Total time should still match your entire session though.
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Liked: 285

Things I would check:

- Double check that the download options (shown on the download window), are what you expect. This can be set to create one file for each date, or one file for each run. Either might be responsible for you not finding the data where you expected, even though it has all been downloaded.

- Make sure the PC drive you are downloading to is not full.

- Have you updated Race Studio 2 (RS2) software (perhaps as part of updating RS3)? If so, be sure that you are using the latest firmware for your Evo4. For the Evo4, that is the Firmup application available from https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/other-fw-download.htm

- Resend your current configuration using the same version of RS2 that you are using to download.

- look at the data you were able to download. Any hints of why it might not log -- low NSats, RPM drop-outs, etc.

Hope that helps.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks, that was my next option. As a rule of thumb I do not usually update firmware until I have a problem. All the downloaded laps were perfect on time and data. Thanks for the input, I will not run again until August but will recycle the unit before then and clear its mind...

There hasn't been a firmware update for the Evo4 since 2017, but if you're not on that....
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Default Link To Download Firmware

David,
    Would you happen to have a link to get the update, I tried the AIM site and every other update I could ever want downloaded except the EVO4 that I need...

I was on an old update and amazingly it started working last session during memorial day, but need to get it corrected.

The link I posted in the previous response was directly to the page with the "Firmup" download for the EVO4 and similar products.

Here it is again: (version 170120)

https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/other-fw-download.htm
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Thanks, it is working this morning. Should work now.

Thread Information