Liked: 2

Default Going to the Mid Ohio FRP weekend...

I've posted on here about making a move to formula racing- Based out of Indy, we were considering selling our of our dirt (micro Sprint) program but decided to keep it, with the plan of eventually running both dirt and road racing down the road. I've booked a hotel for the FRP weekend at Mid Ohio next month, hoping to catch a F1600 team or two that would be willing to talk and show is a bit of what we're looking at getting into. Any suggestions or invites would be appreciated! I'm really looking forward to seeing this cars up close for the first time.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 279

The Haas Racing / LD Racing team will be there with both Piper cars (F1600 & F1000).. Feel free to sop by and take a look. I will try to answer any questions you may have.
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

I plan on being there with both cars (#70 & 42). You're welcome to come by.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Liked: 803

Contact Greg Rice at Riceraceprep. They run a good, common sense F1600 operation.
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

So glad your looking at FRP.
    While your there please come by The Challenge Cup Series paddock.
    I have run some TQs and Midgets so we may be able to speak about both
    Also a Midget and Silver Crown driver out of Indy is just getting started with us.
    He will be parked near me
    Will will have more than 30 cars so look for #10. We will be there Thursday by 2.00
    I will second Greg Rice and his operation being first Class.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

If you are interested in vintage as in VF, HF and CF we will be there with the RCFFS. There will be a good variety of cars as always so swing on by. I am in a JPS color schemed 1971 Lotus 61 #9.
    Graham

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

Go straight to Greg Rice! He is a straight up good guy

Liked: 57

I sent a message with a little information on our team. We will also be there so please stop by and have a chat.

Thanks,
    Mike
    K-Hill Motorsports

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4359

Welcome Chris!
    And thank you, others, for the kind words.

That weekend always seems to be a glorious celebration of open wheel racing, and very worth a visit. Talk to everybody, including RCFFS and FVCC racers. Look for people that you connect with and whom may be able to guide you going further. Timing is everything, so some of the best people may be too busy to spend much time with you at the track, or too busy when you come by. My PR/recruiter guy is busy working on 2020 during the week, but he is also the team manager, engineer, truck driver, etc so won't be a wealth of info during an event. Finding a single car operation, at a quiet time, may be the most helpful for someone looking to move into the class with there own operation.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 482

I’m going to spectate too. I have a new to me FC and I’m new to open wheels. This event sounds like it is going to have a ton to look at. Closer to the date, post when you are there. I’ll be the guy stalking Weitzenhof and his car from afar (mine is similar).

Liked: 1

To the people that have not attended an FRP weekend does this sound like a friendly paddock or what? Professional but extremely welcoming. I sure do miss it!
    -Keegan

P1 #84
    Stohr WF1 BMW

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3318

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    I’m going to spectate too. I have a new to me FC and I’m new to open wheels. This event sounds like it is going to have a ton to look at. Closer to the date, post when you are there. I’ll be the guy stalking Weitzenhof and his car from afar (mine is similar).
    Getting my car ready for M-O after its major rebuild/upgrade is, IMO, less than a 50% probability. I will try to be there, but it's definitely not a given.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 2

Thanks for all the responses! We're definitely looking forward to a great weekend. See you all next month-

Thread Information