Liked: 8

Default SOLD-- F600 NovaKar For Sale

SOLD -- $10,000 with lots of spares. 4 sets wheels with good Rains, good Intermediates, good Slicks already mounted. GSXR in car and one spare in box. Full corner spares, carbs, body parts, cables, hoses, hangers, etc. This car is very fast and very well sorted and priced to sell. e-Mail: jpalmer1@verizon.net and/or text/call 972-998-1938 Joe Palmer, SCCA Texas Region.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jpalmer1; 07.09.19 at 11:47 AM. Reason: SOLD

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

These cars are very nice and fast. 1 started 11th at the indy runoffs and finished 2nd. Driver had to go home after q1

Btw nice Joe! What year is the GSXR engine?
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Default NovaKar is BEST F600 Chassis!

Hi Jay, Good to hear from you. To everyone else . . I've raced NovaKar J9's for 15 years, both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. These chassis are among the biggest (I'm 6'00"", 210 lbs) and more importantly, the easiest to work on, change motors, etc. The design is strong, keeps driver safe, and eliminates most of the space-frame in the rear clip, making everything a joy to work on compared with other cars. They are the easiest and best for the 600 motors . . "Form Follows Function" . . evaluate all the F5-F6 chassis on that Engineering Wisdom and the NovaKars rise to the top!

The only slow part of my cars was the driver . . I only ever ran a few weekends a year and maybe the Run-Offs. Did it for 15 years because it's just that much fun . . and . . to see all my friends at the Track.

Obviously, I'm a fan and believer in the NovaKars . . after 12 years in one, I bought another! . . and my racing buddy in Central Texas bought one . . and loves it as much as I do . . and more importantly, he got many seconds per lap faster when he got in the NovaKar!

I miss it, but flying planes now, and only have so much time & money to go around. I may be back some day after I get bored of airplanes! If and when I return, Jay Novak will be my first call and NovaKars will be top of my list and/or anything else Jay is building or recommending.
    Last edited by jpalmer1; 05.22.19 at 4:03 PM.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmer1 View Post
    Hi Jay, Good to hear from you. To everyone else . . I've raced NovaKar J9's for 15 years, both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. These chassis are among the biggest (I'm 6'00"", 210 lbs) and more importantly, the easiest to work on, change motors, etc. The design is strong, keeps driver safe, and eliminates most of the space-frame in the rear clip, making everything a joy to work on compared with other cars. They are the easiest and best for the 600 motors . . "Form Follows Function" . . evaluate all the F5-G6 chassis on that Engineering Wisdom and the NovaKars rise to the top!

The only slow part of my cars was the driver . . I only ever ran a few weekends a year and maybe the Run-Offs. Did it for 15 years because it's just that much fun . . and . . to see all my friends at the Track.

Obviously, I'm a fan and believer in the NovaKars . . after 12 years in one, I bought another! . . and my racing buddy in Central Texas bought one . . and loves it as much as I do . . and more importantly, he got many seconds per lap faster when he got in the NovaKar!

I miss it, but flying planes now, and only have so much time & money to go around. I may be back some day after I get bored of airplanes! If and when I return, Jay Novak will be my first call and NovaKars will be top of my list and/or anything else Jay is building or recommending.
    thanks Joe!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Default 2006-2007 GSXR's

Oh yeah . . forgot to answer . . Gixxer's are the GOOD ONES . . 2006-2007 . . one in car, one in box. Those are worth about a third of the asking price alone.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 41

May I ask what wheel widths are you using? They appear wider than Hoosier shows in their catalog.
    Thanks, John

Default Standard F5-F6 Hoosiers

18.0 x 6.0 - 10 & 18.0 x 7.5 - 10

Liked: 57

Holy cow Joe! You’re giving this thing away! Someone is going to get a winning package for half of what it’s worth. I’m sorry you’re getting out... for a while.
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Liked: 3

Went to look at the car on Wednesday. I actually would fit with minimal modifications (I’m 6’4”). I’m not quite ready to get back into mod car life though. This would make an excellent car for someone who is though. Looks clean and well kept, definitely not worn out.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default previous owner

Is this the ex Don Hamilton Novakar?

No, former Ted Simmons J9.

Liked: 1

can we talk tomorrow John Pickle 706=617=4660

Contributing Member

I understand the tire sizes but it looks like at least 8" wide front wheels and 10" wide rears. John Exkartracer builder of SkaytR6

John, Yes, call 972-998-1938.

Liked: 72

Quote Originally Posted by ExKartracer View Post
    I understand the tire sizes but it looks like at least 8" wide front wheels and 10" wide rears. John Exkartracer builder of SkaytR6
    The novacar typically runs 8.5 in the rear and 7in in the front for wheel widths

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    The novakar typically runs 8.5 in the rear and 7in in the front for wheel widths
    Clint is correct
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Contributing Member

Thank you.

Default Sold!

All, This NovaKar has SOLD. Thank you all for the interest, nice comments, and interesting discussion. Good luck to everyone finding the right car for F500/F600.

22. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 72

Someone got a great deal!!

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 307

Bigger question - will there still be a class if and when you decide to come back?

Default Novak Car in any class

I've owned multiple NovaKars over 15 years and i'm convinced they are the best design. Beyond that, I've seen Jay design or redesign and build other cars for other classes that in my opinion were again the best "Bang-for-the-Buck" cars in their class. In short, I personally believe Jay can build a Championship caliber car for any formula or SR class with simple, effective "form follows function" design . . which results in a car that is affordable to purchase and run. So, if/when I come back . . I will give Jay a call and evaluate the options at that time.

27. The following members LIKED this post:

I've owned multiple NovaKars over 15 years and i'm convinced they are the best design. Beyond that, I've seen Jay design or redesign and build other cars for other classes that in my opinion were again the best "Bang-for-the-Buck" cars in their class. In short, I personally believe Jay can build a Championship caliber car for any formula or SR class with simple, effective "form follows function" design . . which results in a car that is affordable to purchase and run. So, if/when I come back . . I will give Jay a call and evaluate the options at that time.

Wowsers Joe!!! Thanks again.

While I am no longer building cars i am designing a new updated Blade F600 based on what we have learned in the last 5 years.

We Hope to have the prototype ready for show and tell at the Runoffs

Simpler
    Much roomier
    Lighter
    Lower cost
    FASTER
    Last edited by Jnovak; 07.17.19 at 4:33 PM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

29. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Bigger question - will there still be a class if and when you decide to come back?

imo the class will survive! You simply cannot go faster for less $$$$
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Liked: 0

Default question from a prospective F500 racer

Jay,
    Next year I am planning on getting involved in F500. I will have a bunch of questions, but for starters i am interested in the Novalink suspension that you originated. Have you published any technical articles or papers on it?
    Regards, Alan Wong

Quote Originally Posted by boffin5a View Post
    Jay,
    Next year I am planning on getting involved in F500. I will have a bunch of questions, but for starters i am interested in the Novalink suspension that you originated. Have you published any technical articles or papers on it?
    Regards, Alan Wong

No, but the drivers like it. The concept is the same from the beginning but we have played with the geometry over the years!
    Last edited by Jnovak; 12.13.19 at 1:04 AM.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Thread Information