Liked: 43

Default Disc Brakes For FV?

As a former Vee pilot who has been away from the sport and the class for 40 years, I'm curious about posts and ads for disc brake packages. Surely these can't be legal. What part of the Vee universe do these apply to? Long live Formula Vee!

Tom

Liked: 350

See the most recent update online at SCCA.COM in the File Cabinet. GCR 9.1.1.C.4.D pg 252
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Thanks Peter!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 480

Tom,

If you have been away for 40 years you should check out a VDF or Vortech, Lazer, Protorform etc. or some of the cars on this page:

https://driverzcup.com/

I think Greg Bruns car is one of the newest, most "modern" FV are at least 10 years old.

am I missing any new ones?

ChrisZ

Thanks Chris! I did check it out-fascinating! Wheels are open too. I guess the class is evolving, which is bittersweet but, i'm sure, necessary for the long range health of the class.

I also checked out the GCR and it tells a tale of progress. It's still a great class. I'm currently restoring a Lola Formula Ford, but I'll always have a soft spot for my 1969 Zink!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 480

Quote Originally Posted by tppj View Post
    Thanks Chris! I did check it out-fascinating! Wheels are open too.
    Only on a Regional level, - started with the Canadians back in ........ (80's or 90's?)

But for Majors (Nationals) we finally got a spec tire!

ChrisZ

Thread Information